Mennonite Home Communities Security in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Seeking experienced Security Guards to monitor the campus, provide emergency response perform light maintenance as needed to ensure the safety of staff and residents. :
Currently Hiring for: :
FT 8pm-4am, occasional 12am (midnight)-8am:
PT 2nd and 3rd shift:
PRN (as needed) all shifts :
Alternating weekends and holidays required; previous experience required :
Valid PA Drivers License; 2 years driving experience required :
The purpose of this position is to make rounds and monitor equipment during evening hours and to ensure the safety and security of the residents, visitors, and staff.
- Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Responsible to make periodic rounds with the scanner, checking in at all points, recording information, and ensuring that all equipment is functioning properly; particularly refrigeration, boiler water level temperature and pressure. Checking that doors and windows are closed and locked, and that there are no water leaks of any kind.
- Responsible to address situations involving trespassers who are attempting to, or have entered the facility; check out any unauthorized people or vehicles.
- Responsible to document significant events, or items needing repair.
- Responsible to address minor maintenance problems.
- The ability to accept responsibility and follow through with instructions independently and accurately.
- The ability to be flexible; good time management skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate security procedures and the ability to instill a sense of security and safety in our residents, visitors, and staff.
- The ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- The ability to understand the fire alarm system and other emergency systems, respond to fire drills, and do monthly preventive maintenance checks.
- Responsible for cell phones, radios, keys, and scanner and that they are kept in good working order.
- The ability to follow proper safety, lifting, pushing, pulling, exposure control, security, fire and disaster procedures, and Residents Rights.
- Responsible to meet emergency personnel. Responsible to notify staff and family members when appropriate.
- Responsible to accompany residents, visitors and staff to their cars upon request
- Responsible to report any unsafe conditions found throughout Mennonite Home Communities. h3. OTHER FUNCTIONS
- Report any issues to Security Supervisor regarding security equipment or vehicle
- Responsible to keep security vehicle clean and in good working order.
- The ability to work front desk at Welcome Center.
- Responsible to assist with snow and ice removal when necessary.
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
A high school diploma or GED.
- Two years experience in security, must exhibit a high level of maturity.
- The evening security person is responsible to the Security Supervisor, Director of Maintenance and Assistant Director of Maintenance.