Mennonite Home Communities Receptionist - Part-Time 1st/2nd Shift in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Currently hiring for: PT Receptionist position at Woodcrest Villa in our beautiful new VIVA Center.:
At least one year experience as a receptionist required, and experience in working with seniors and/or a senior living community preferred. Must be friendly, outgoing, hard working, dependable, and able to multi task and handle high stress/busy situations. :
To provide friendly, competent, helpful service to individuals needed assistance, information or referrals from the WCV Receptionist.
- Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Responsible to answer the telephone by the third ring and transferring the call to the designated person or department. Example -
- Responsible to remain in the reception area of the Welcome Center by the phone at all times. (No meal breaks on weekends) Example -
- Responsible to complete Daily Check on residents by use of the No Show List from Dining Services. Example -
- Responsible for the following front desk functions:
- to give directions or refer to appropriate staff person;
- enter guest room reservation in notebook, computer calendar and confirmation sheet; distribute copies;
- read and respond to fire alarm panel and/or emergencies; contact other staff as required;
- copy and distribute memos to resident mailboxes;
- Stuff and distribute residents’ statements to resident mailboxes;
- Stuff and distribute Williams Apothecary statements to resident mailboxes;
- Create work orders as needed; Close work orders when job is finished;
- Order two roses upon death of resident and place with memorial placard at Hummingbird and Bluebird dining rooms;
- Sell and track postage stamps;
- Accept dry-cleaning for pick up by Yorgeys; call resident when delivered; accept payment for next pick up day;
- Accept Garden Café deposit daily; sign for and put in safe;
- Distribute paystubs to employees; ID required;
- Responsible to make copies or send faxes upon resident request;
- Accept money for greeting card sales as needed;
- Provide duplicate key to resident that is locked out; sign and date notebook;
- Accept and call resident upon delivery of package(s), flowers, etc.;
- Monitor rear door (HB loading dock) via wall phone/camera;
- No unusual physical demands are inherent in this position. Frequent reading, writing, computer entry, sitting or standing up to 2 hours at a time; some walking; and
- The emotional stability to deal with various stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- Responsible to maintain the following records:
- Monthly payments from residents are to be sent to MH in locked bag via daily shuttle;
- Sunday morning offerings to be itemized and put in safe for transport to MH at 9:00 am on Monday;
- Reconcile cash receivable box at end of each shift and put in safe for transport to MH;
- Reconcile petty cash box as needed or at least monthly;
- Prepare and distribute WCV Daily Summary (except weekends);
- Update resident activity file box daily;
- Update resident rolodex with room changes, telephone numbers, etc.; and
- Schedule appointments with Podiatrist.
- Update and maintain appliance manuals for each apartment and villa.
Attend quarterly CNC meeting as the liaison from the Marketing Department and maintain the CNC contact list. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
Responsible to keep Welcome Center receptionist area and mail/supply room neat, clean and uncluttered. Example -
- Responsible to attend all required In-services.
- Learn and follow procedures for the Welcome Center, safety, lifting, fire and emergencies. Example -
- The ability to be flexible, good time management skills.
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
High School diploma.
- One year experience as a receptionist.
- The WCV receptionist is responsible to the Welcome Center Coordinator.