Mennonite Home Communities Med Tech (Personal Care) - Part-Time 2nd/3rd Shift in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Currently hiring for: :
E/O Weekend 3rd shifts:
PRN all shifts :
Alternating weekends and holidays required;:
Current Med Tech certification required :
The purpose of this position is to provide quality nursing care under the DPW Regulations to each individual resident. Each Med Tech must take into consideration the resident’s unique needs and both their mental and physical abilities
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/EXPECTATIONS – Supervisors and leaders :
- Leadership Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
- Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes.
Leadership Practice – Live out servant leadership through frequent individual attentativeness to your work team. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Responsible for administering and charting medications using the computerized medication delivery system.
- Responsible to ensure refills are ordered from pharmacy via computer.
- Responsible to complete treatments per physician orders.
- Responsible to obtain vital signs per medication protocol.
- Responsible to complete admission/discharge procedures.
- Responsible to assist with resident care as needed.
- Responsible to oversee staff assigned.
- Responsible to assess, respond to and report resident clinical and behavior changes to the Floor LPN, LPN Clinical Coordinator, Director of Personal Care, Social Services Coordinator and family.
- Responsible to assess skin condition of residents, implement appropriate procedures for skin tears; report areas of concern to LPN Clinical Coordinator.
- Responsible to complete all required documentation/forms in a timely manner-admissions/discharges, transfers to hospital, assessments, MA51’s, etc.
- Responsible to be flexible and able to assume the med tech role wherever needed.
- Responsible to function as a team member, encouraging others to be team players and demonstrating a positive, helpful attitude.
- Responsible to prepare assignments for staff.
Resonsible to foster a social model and positive relationships with residents and families. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
Responsible to ensure that the work area of assigned floor is neat and clean.
- Must possess the knowledge of DPW Regulations 2600.
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a healthcare environment, passing medications preferred.
- Successful completion of DPW Direct Care Training Program.
- Successful completion of the DPW Medication Administration Course.
- The Med Tech will maintain current competency associated with the DPW Medication Administration Course.
- The Med Tech is responsible to the Director of Personal Care, LPN Clinical Coordinator/Assistant LPN Clinical Coordinator.
- The emotional stability to deal with confused, combative, disoriented residents calmly and professionally.