Mennonite Home Communities Food Service Worker (MH) in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Currently hiring for: FT and PT various shifts (days, evenings); Alternating weekends and holidays required.:
The Food Service Worker is responsible to maintain a clean, sanitary kitchen area, to assist in maintaining the stock and refrigerator areas, dishwashing areas and to serve resident meals in a friendly, professional and timely manner. To ensure all food assembled is in conformance with prescribed diet.
- Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The ability to accept responsibility and follow through with instructions accurately and efficiently.
- The ability to work cooperatively with all staff.
- The ability to be flexible; good time management skills.
- The ability to operate various kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for pouring juices, coffee, hot and cold water.
- Responsible for refilling condiments.
- Responsible to prepare, dish, and serve food based on menu items.
- Responsible for setting, clearing and washing tables.
- Responsible to document temperatures.
- Responsible to assist residents with selection of food or opening of packages.
- Responsible to wash, clean and store all items from the dishroom.
- Responsible to replenish necessary supplies; to put away stock and rotate stock, as needed.
- Responsible to empty all garbage and clean cans after emptying.
- Responsible assist co-workers when appropriate and necessary.
- Responsible to complete any additional duties as directed.
Responsible to perform duties in a competent manner and in conformance with governing regulations such as the Department of Health or Department of Human Services. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
Responsible to adhere to resident rights with an emphasis on confidentiality.
- Able to communicate with various age groups in a friendly and gracious manner.
- Awareness of and adherence to Mennonite Home, Inc. dress code.
- Responsible to be available for work in a call-in or emergency situation.
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
High School diploma is preferred.
- The Food Service Worker is responsible to the Dining Service Supervisors.
- The Food Service Worker also relates to the Director of Dining Services and the Operations Manager.