Mennonite Home Communities Electrician - Full-Time 1st Shift in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Currently hiring for full-time Renovations Electrician M-F 8a-4:30p:
Installs, repairs, replaces and test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances, using hand tools and testing instruments; to supply electrical power for lighting and equipment operation, and follow electrical codes at Mennonite Home Communities
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: :
- Responsible for scheduling daily work loads and insuring work is completed on time and at acceptable workmanship standards.
- Responds to emergency/after hour calls as scheduled and when needed to support the team.
- Responsible to assist with Snow and Ice removal.
- Adheres to MHC and department specific policy and work rules.
- Responsible for the coordination of material availability for the completion of work. Purchase materials in accordance with company purchasing policies.
- Needs to understand and keep up to date on electrical codes of electrical codes
- Responsible for managing budgets on electrical related projects, making sure that job scopes are being managed, and documenting changes that could effect budget spending.
- Inspects new equipment to ensure safe operation and apply electrical inspection stickers.
- Inspects and examines electrical lighting and power circuits, distribution pansl and controls.
- Replace light builbs inside and outside of buildings.
- Install new electrical circuits for new equipment hook up
- Assist when needed in all areas of renovations and capital projects to assure schedules are maintained and deedlines are met.
- Interfaces with customers, contractors, and staff to assure quality service is being performed. Attend and schedule project and customer meetings as required for assigned projects.
- Responsible for communicating with the residents and staff as to happenings for projects and work.
- Follows Preventative maintenance procedures and requirements as stated on work requests and according to manufacurers specifications.
- Completes planned preventative maintenance and work orders within recommended time frame
- Does not work on voltage exceeding 480.
- Maintains stock of electrical parts and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned tool and equipment inventory in good safe working condition. This includes radio, keys, and badge
- Help maintain maintenance vehicles by replacing stock and keeping interior clean.
- Knowledge of fire alarm system and other emergency alarm systems.
- Assist in energy conservation through project execution.
- Responsible for performing an annual tool and SDS inventory for electrical team
- Responsible to report any unsafe conditions found throughout MHC.
- Identify cost savings measures that can be implemented within the group or individual plants. Reporting monthly.
- Training for all general maintenance technicians including DOH inspection procedures for consistency.
Complete employee annual complaiance and HIPAA training required by due dates. MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: :
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with other functional disciplines and departments
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to deliver high degree of customer service
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of basic general Electrical practices.
- Knowledge of established maintenance, fire, OSHA, hazardous material, insurance, and safety regulations and procedures.
- Proven ability to read, interpret and work from blue prints, schematics, diagrams, etc. Capable of providing a sketch for direction to craftsmen.
- Ensure safe working conditions are being maintained in areas under his/her care. Accomplish all work safely. Request training or information to define hazards or environmental risk if not known.
- Have a current state issued Drivers License.
- Participating in safety training programs and provide leadership by example.
- Ability to interact well with all types/levels of people, both internal and external
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: :
High school diploma or equivalent with technical school certification.
Minimum 5 years direct experience in commercial and office building operations and maintenance or construction experience required.