Mennonite Home Communities Charge Nurse (RN/LPN) - Skilled Care - PRN in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Currently hiring for: :
FT/PT 2nd shift :
E/O weekend all shifts :
Pool all shifts:
Alternating weekends and holidays required; :
Current PA LPN license required :
The purpose of this position is to assist the Clinical Coordinator/RN Supervisor and/or Care Coordinator in ensuring that all nursing procedures are addressed properly and resident care issues are handled in accordance with Mennonite Home Communities Mission Statement and Philosophy of Care.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/EXPECTATIONS – Supervisors and leaders :
- Leadership Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
- Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes.
Leadership Practice – Live out servant leadership through frequent individual attentativeness to your work team. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Responsible to ensure quality-nursing care is given effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible to execute the following nursing functions:
- Order, administer and chart medications.
- Evaluate vital signs with in parameters of medication monitoring P and P and document TOCCARE
- Complete treatments and change dressings.
- Take vital signs.
- Monitor indwelling catheters.
- Monitor peripheral IV’s.
- Admission procedures.
- Assist with resident care as needed.
- Responsible to monitor, respond to, and report health changes of residents to the Clinical Coordinator, Care Coordinator or RN Supervisor, physician, co-workers, and family (change of condition, skin issues, and antibiotics).
- Responsible to monitor skin condition of residents, implement appropriate procedures for skin tears and pressure ulcers, document action taken and report to Clinical Coordinator or RN Supervisor.
- Responsible to maintain the following documentation as assigned:
- Daily charting on areas of responsibility.
- Documentation after physicians’ visits, including transcribing orders to medex and treatment sheets.
- Assessment Reference Period Tools.
- Inputs and Outputs.
- Pharmacy requisitions.
- Responsible to monitor resident’s weight.
- Follow bowel protocol as outlined.
- Responsible to assist and support the Care Coordinator in overseeing the Caregivers routine duties as follows:
- Preparing assignments – updating household members with resident changes and plan of care at the beginning of each shift.
- Ensure positioning of residents is maintained.
- Promoting skin care.
- Monitoring appropriate use of restraints.
- Monitoring response time to call bells.
- Ensuring positive relationships with residents.
- Monitoring of the dining room.
- Monitoring all other duties.
- Assure all pagers are picked up and returned at the end of the shift.
- Responsible to be a resource person for the Caregivers; demonstrate a caring, impartial attitude; facilitate a team spirit; observe and report staff concerns to the Clinical Coordinator, Care Coordinator or RN Supervisor; correct staff utilizing improper techniques or procedures.
- Responsible to promote a safety conscious work environment and ensure maximum utilization of mechanical lifts.
- Responsible to assist in any emergency situation.
The necessary skills to deal with various stressful situations calmly and professionally OTHER FUNCTIONS:
Responsible to relate as needed to the Unit Assistant
- Responsible to assign maintenance and cleaning of equipment and instruments.
- Responsible to ensure that the work area of assigned household is neat and clean
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
A high school diploma or GED.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training, preferred in a skilled nursing or retirement facility.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current PA license to practice as an LPN/RN. (GPNs/GNs must be licensed within 12 – 14 weeks).
- Basic computer skills needed. Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook.