ICON Clinical Research Market Access Copywriter - Home-Based US or Yardley, PA in Lake Forest, Illinois
Market Access _**Copywriter_*
Location: Yardley, PA - preferred*
As a Market Access Copywriter, you will be responsible for the analysis of marketing strategies and clinical information to inform the development of communication solutions targeting the payer, hospital/health system, and organized customer audiences in the US and global markets.
You will be expected to work on projects ranging from unbranded disease education materials to branded pull-through initiatives. Specific assignments may include payer presentations, reimbursement materials, publication pieces including reprint carriers and disease state supplements, sales collateral, print ads, web content, e-mails and other presentation materials across a range of therapeutic areas. Appropriate candidates should have 3+years of market access writing experience.
- Who Are We?*
US Market Access and Reimbursement (formerly MediMedia Managed Markets), an Icon plc company, is a strategic managed care marketing and communications agency that develops and deploys access and reimbursement solutions that unlock payer barriers and pave the way for brand success. For over 20 years, we’ve partnered with leading pharmaceutical and biotech clients to assess payer landscapes, identify and build relationships with key influencers, drive managed markets strategies, and weave clinical and economic data into compelling value stories and programs that give key decision makers the evidence-based information they need to make informed decisions about the management of care. Given the unprecedented changes in today’s healthcare landscape—and our acquisition by Icon plc, a fast-growing global provider of outsource development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries—there’s never been a more exciting time to join the team and become part of a global organization that offers the industry’s most integrated product development, clinical communication, and market access solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities *include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required with suggested percentages of time to be allotted (where applicable). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Analyze marketing strategy and determine a copy platform utilizing materials such as creative briefs as provided by account teams. Perform additional research or collaboration to create unique sales “hooks”. Draft, revise and finalize targeted, accurate, benefit-driven manuscripts that are market-appropriate.
· Participation in strategic development and brainstorming sessions.
· Provide complete mastery of workflow processes assuring timely and orderly completion of assignments. Proactively identify next steps in a project, noting questions and missing information that may affect the project’s outcome and make recommendations to enhance processes or project outcomes. Perform writing assignments as scheduled, maintaining the ability to shift priorities as directed.
· Appropriate address copy comments as received and offer options and alternative solutions when making revisions. Communicate solutions in a timely and effectively manner to avoid workflow disruptions.
· Manage multiple assignments by establishing procedures to developing multiple versions of components. Maintain files in an identifiable, organized fashion on the file server.
· Keep team members apprised of project status, taking a proactive stance by raising any issues that affect the schedule or other parameters of the project.
· Ensure project information is quickly accessible while maintaining detailed notes and organized project files.
· Work closely with the account team assigned to each project to maximize communication, clarify goals and specific project parameters and achieve desired results.
· Learn from experienced team members and share experiences providing support to the team’s overall product and market knowledge.
· Keep vigilant of medical and marketing trends, sharing findings that can be applied to projects. Stay abreast of market research, competitive analyses and campaign results to develop strong copy platforms and concepts.
· Meet key dates as scheduled, notifying the appropriate management of any delays that affect the project schedule. Regularly refer to project and master schedule to assure multiple projects stay on track.
· Record all client project time on a weekly basis
· Completes other administrative tasks, such as travel and expense reporting or similar, in a timely manner.
· Performs responsibilities in a professional manner, meeting the Company’s mission and goals.
- Education and/or Experience*
Advanced science degree (PharmD, PhD or MD) or Masters in Education or Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) in Science, with an advanced degree in a life science from a four (4) year college or university and three (3) or more years related market access experience preferred. These requirements may be substituted for an equivalent combination of education and experience where applicable.
- Language Skills*
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Must demonstrate a command of the English language (read, write and speak).
- Mathematical Skills*
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability*
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer Skills*
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Suite, Adobe Acrobat, e-mail/Internet, PowerPoint and any other software or system necessary for fulfilling the requirements of this position.
- What’s Next?*
Following your application, you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
- ICON is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment *#LI-AA1