CVS Health Multi-Dose Packaging Pharmacy Technician in La Habra, California
Health is everything. At CVS Health we are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we’re helping people on their path to better health—from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions. Because we’re present in so many moments, big and small, we have an active, supportive role in shaping the future of health care. Pharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose as they deliver compassionate care to our millions of patients every day.
The Pharmacy Technician Trainee is a training position where you can move to a Pharmacy Technician upon successful completion of CVS Pharmacy Technician Training Program and per local state pharmacy guidelines. This position provides an opportunity, in a leading retail pharmacy setting, to excel in a complex, high impact patient focused role and to positively impact the lives of others. The ideal candidate must be able to triage pharmacy tasks, balance efficiency with accuracy, work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment, and achieve excellence in customer service through compassion and genuine care for all patients while ensuring all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met. Pharmacy Technicians must demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Promotes a path to better health by engaging customers to learn about their health and medications; educates customers about CVS services and products appropriately positioning CVS as a partner in customers’ path to better health.
• Focuses on the needs of the customer, keeping the customer top of mind at all times, prioritizing customer needs, displaying genuine care and empathy in all interactions, and ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
• Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles; complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and protect patient privacy and security.
• Effectively follows workflow procedures with an in-depth understanding of each workstation (Production, Shipping, Inbound/Outbound) for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders; manages own responsibilities while shifting to help the team where needed.
• Delivers results while balancing quality and efficiency in all tasks, maintains accuracy while consistently meeting workflow and inventory management goals.
• Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems to ensure customers have their medications when needed; collaborates with immediate and extended pharmacy teams, medical staff, insurance companies, and customers alike to resolve issues, ensure accuracy, and deliver timely resolution of any medication or insurance related concerns.
• Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge, leveraging available tools and training resources, to develop the basic drug understanding and technical expertise needed to accurately and more effectively assist customers.
• Contributes to high-performing teams by looking for opportunities to contribute to individual and broader team goals, remains flexible for both schedule and business needs while easily adapting to changes at work to enables supportive, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Pharmacy technician license in the state of CA
• Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
• Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
• High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country’s health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or email@example.com .
- CVS Health Jobs