AdventHealth ADVENT HEALTH CENTRA CARE X-RAY TECHNICIAN - RT - ORANGE LAKE in Kissimmee, Florida
Reporting to the Practice
Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the X-Ray Technician cares
for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities, including
laboratory testing and radiographic exams.
Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure
quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team.
Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts
responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of
Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork
- Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient
- Performs basic radiological examinations, including all quality
controls/clerical duties. Processes
reference laboratory specimens to include venipuncture, specimen handling/
labeling, and tracking results.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and
assessments in accordance with department policy.
- Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical
check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
- Completes general orders and any follow-up assessments ordered by the
provider, verifying as needed.
Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage
- Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but
not limited to, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry.
Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of
Transportation (DOT) and Florida Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include
urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
- Appropriately complete check-out duties and relays instructions/care to
the patient or Performs required Quality Control checklist to ensure safety of
- Follows CDC guidelines, infection prevention practices, demonstrates
appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and follows
Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
May be called upon to train newly hired clinical staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to operate radiographic equipment
and work with electrical and radiant energy
Comprehensive knowledge of general radiographic procedures
ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending
English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
- Ability to
operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner
- Ability to
establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients,
employees, and others of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast pace, high patient volume
KNOWLEDGEAND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Strong critical thinking
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
EDUCATIONAND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Previous X-Ray Tech experience
Previous urgent care / ED experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Current Florida State license – General Radiographer (RT)
LICENSURE,CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Primary Location: US-FL-Kissimmee
Organization AdventHealth Centra Care
Job Level Staff / Associate
Education Level High School Diploma / GED
Job Posting Feb 13, 2019, 3:54:30 PM
Req ID: 276489
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.