Trinity Health Medical Assistant in Kentwood, Michigan
- Reviews the chart of scheduled patents prior to the appointment to ensure all testing/correspondence is included and enters information to be part of the patient’s medical record (EMR/paper). In addition, begins the process of completing forms needed for appointments and retrieves tickler file of information (if appointment was made two weeks prior).
- Initiates communication with patients on completing pre-appointment requirements (e.g., registration forms, lab tests, x-rays,) via patient preference.
- Readies patient rooms for visit, setting up necessary equipment, instruments, supplies, and sterile field as appropriate.
- Rooms patients with friendly greeting utilizing AIDET and 2 patient identifiers, prepares them for visit; coordinates patient flow into exam rooms in preparation for the visit, gathers and documents pertinent data (vitals, medications, allergies) from patient and enters information into the medical record.
- Maintains complete and accurate patient record: documents chief complaint and condition, verifies medical history, allergies, medications, vitals and all patient interactions and treatments administered.
- Performs basic procedures and tests including point of care testing, blood draws, vision tests, injections, preparation of specimens, dressing changes, and BLS.( basic life support)
- Assists provider with examination, treatment and basic procedures as necessary.
- Assists with or performs special procedures within limits of training and protocol under the supervision of a physician or licensed provider.
- Gathers and communicates medical information as directed by the provider and documents appropriately.
- Maintains tracking system for diagnostic tests.
- Assists physician/provider with management of patient test results.
- Facilitates the processing of prescriptions by performing a complete review of medications with the patient and updating the medication list with changes as appropriate.
- Administers appropriate immunizations and injections utilizing MCIR when appropriate.
- Cleans and disinfects treatment rooms after use, appropriately disposing of used equipment/supplies, removing and storing unneeded medical devices/equipment, remaking bed with clean linens/paper
- Ensures exam rooms are properly stocked with supplies at all times.
- Communicates with patients, physicians, other office staff to provide excellence in patient care experience, including pre- and post-appointment.
- Completes the patient visit by reviewing care plan instructions with the patient and scheduling next appointment where applicable.
- Participates in the quality/performance initiatives of the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Number: 00113886
Location: Kentwood, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - Southeast
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift