CTG LAB ANALYST in Kansas City, Missouri
Title: LAB ANALYST
Location: US-MO-Kansas City
Job Number: 19201689
CTG's premier global client in Kansas City, MO has a 12-month contract assignment for several Lab Analysts. There is the potential for continuation after the initial contract.
The W2 hourly pay rates will be as follows:
$16.70/hr during initial training
$18.70/hr after training
$2/hr extra for overnight shift
This position is in a Quality Control laboratory in an agricultural chemical manufacturing plant. The laboratory performs routine testing on intermediates, final products, and waste byproducts produced at the site.
This position performs routine testing on all samples in the Analytical Services laboratory, providing analytical data for process control, quality control, process development, product development, and waste management.
The laboratory operates 24 x 7. All applicants for this position should be open to working any of the three lab shifts and any days of the week, including overnights and weekends.
Lab shifts are overnights 8pm-6:30am, days 6am-2:30pm and evenings 10am-8:30pm.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs routine analytical testing on teams that work a variety of shifts that include working weekends and holidays. Requests additional work to increase team productivity.
•Prepares and analyzes numerous types of samples by a variety of physical and chemical analytical techniques using sophisticated analytical equipment. The instrumentation includes pH meters, densitometers, dissolved oxygen meters, conductivity meters, calorimeters, viscometers, rheometers, spectrophotometers, auto-titrators, ion chromatographs (IC), inductively coupled plasma spectrometers (ICP), laser particle size analyzers, gas chromatographs (GC), High Pressure Liquid Chromatographs (HPLC), titrators, densitometers, auto-claves, pipettors, platers, incubators, and ovens.
• Performs various microbiological tests including tests to determine spore counts and microbiological contamination.
• Understands and operates STARLiMS Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Waters Empower laboratory data acquisition system, and other instrument-specific computer systems.
• Searches various databases for test methods, specifications, and standards to locate information required to complete analyses. Promptly and accurately records, calculates and reports analytical results.
• Maintains appropriate records to meet internal requirements as well as, ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001. Completes various daily instrument calibrations and inspections.
• Observes good safety and housekeeping practices. May serve as Safety Officer for the shift.
• Maintains laboratory supplies, prepares solutions, cleans glassware, disposes of solid/liquid waste and other duties to help in the overall operations of the laboratory. Trains others on waste management.
• Follow oral and written instructions.
• Reviews analytical data and various LIMS reports. Communicates and discusses any issues with other team members and supervision.
• Participates on continuous improvement sub-teams.
• Knowledgeable of RCRA hazardous waste regulations, waste determinations, waste codes, and how to immediately communicate discovery of spills and leaks. Also must know labeling, inspection, and recordkeeping requirements to accumulate waste in: satellite accumulation areas, less than 90-day containers, and less than 90-day tanks.
• Initial RCRA hazardous waste training shall be completed within 6 months of starting job, and refresher training shall occur annually thereafter.
• High school diploma and 2 years of analytical chemical laboratory experience. This experience should include doing chemical analyses, or
• 10-20 hours college chemistry and some experience in a chemical laboratory, or
• BS degree in a science discipline and 0 years laboratory experience.
Skill & Competency Requirements:
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• High attention to details and an ability to analyze outcomes against a standard.
• Ability to diagnose the typical instrument problems with little or no assistance and provide assistance to others.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to optimize efficiency and productivity of the laboratory.
Preferences: (list nice-to-haves such a specific knowledge items, certifications, skills, abilities, etc.)
• Understands basic HPLC and GC operation.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.