Commercial Metals Company Truck Driver (4876) in Jefferson, United States
Truck Driver (4876)
Jefferson, LA (0056)
CMC is now offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus to all drivers – 50% will be paid after 6 months of employment, 50% after one year of employment!
We are currently seeking a DOT Driver to support the logistics department located at our New Orleans facility. Successful candidates will have a strong safety mindset and a desire to learn.
The DOT Driver must be able to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday; which may include some overtime, weekends and holidays.
People are the key to our success. We are a global company committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing an environment where our employees can succeed, improving our communities and creating value for our investors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Drops and hooks trailers.• Climbs catwalk and deck of trailer.• Utilizes steps to get in and out of truck cab.• Performs daily Pre-Trip and Post Trip Inspections.• Fills out dispatch paperwork as needed.• Shows a safety first mindset; recommends improvements to make the workplace safer for self and others.• Willing to learn; enjoys tackling new challenges.• Is organized and shows attention to detail, with a "get it right the first time" mindset.• Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs.• Works well with team members or independently; gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner.• Makes timely and sound decisions; uses resources wisely.• Displays a positive, can-do attitude; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations.• Performs additional duties as needed.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver License required.• Minimum 1 year verifiable tractor/trailer experience (2 years flatbed hauling over-the-road experience preferred)
- TWIC Card Holder (preferred)
• No more than 1 moving violation in the previous 3 years; violation cannot be any of the following:
o Speeding excessively, 15 mph or more above the posted speed limit.
o Felony involving the use of a Commercial Motor Vehicle.o Careless, negligent or reckless operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle.o DUI or DWI (within the last 5 years).o No on-road preventable accidents during the past (3) years as shown on the Motor Vehicle Road (MVR); accidents are reviewed by CMC Logistics• Management.• Driver must be knowledgeable in D.O.T. Regulations/Requirements.• Pass required D.O.T. and CMC Logistics drug testing programs and physicals as required by D.O.T.• Must be able to work flexible hours Monday through Friday; which may include some overtime, weekends and holidays.• Must speak and understand English language in verbal communication.• Frequent physical activity such as walking, climbing stairs/ladders, works with chains, drops and hooks trailers, performs inspections and reaches to work with equipment throughout the entire shift.• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 90 lbs.• Ability to use effective listening skills to identify important information and to engage internal and external customers.• Ability to work with exposure to extremes in weather temperatures and loud noises.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred