Microsoft Corporation Support Engineering Manager in Issaquah, Washington
Customer Service & Support
• Do you love Microsoft Azure services, and do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more with Azure Identity?
• Do you believe you can lead teams to great success without pushing metrics to individual team members?
• Do you enjoy leading and developing people and do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
• If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with and learning from curious technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and share knowledge with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
• Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that appreciate learning through a process of risk-taking and continuous improvement.
• Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
• Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
• One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
• Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-obsessed Support Engineering Manager, who has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership and has empowered people to help customers succeed. As a Support Engineering Manager (SEM), you will focus on building and leading a high performing team of engineers in the Azure Identity ACE Pod in Redmond. You will be responsible for ensuring our teams provide a positive support experience to our top enterprise Microsoft's customers, which includes being responsive and effectively partnering with stakeholders on the most critical problems for these customers, helping to secure our customers most critical cloud assets as well as on-premise servers. You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
As a Support Engineering Manager, you will:
• Manage and lead a diverse and inclusive team of Support Engineers, Support Escalation Engineers and Technical Advisors, with focus on team performance.
• Enable an environment in which people can do their best work, ensuring your team builds the customer focus, collaboration skills, technical expertise, agility and excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to support our customers effectively
• Actively lead and enable our quest to ensure our people/teams reflect the diversity of our global customer base.
• Conduct employee assessment discussions, provide coaching, share feedback regularly and partner with employees on career development.
• Manage all aspects of customer support delivery, including daily operations, scheduling, meetings and addressing customer feedback.
• Foster a strong partnership between technical support teams and stakeholders in other parts of the business.
• Partner with global peers to ensure consistency and follow-through for global processes and coordination of resources.
• At least 5 years of experience in product support, customer service industry, technical support, product support, end-user support, IT Admin support, Consulting, or developer support.
• At least 2 years of people manager or team lead experience in a customer facing role or business.
• Strong conviction that people can learn anything by applying the right amounts of time, effort and willingness.
• Equally strong conviction that you can lead to great success without having to push metrics to individual team members.
• 5+ years of experience leading and developing people.
• English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. If English is not native language, proficiency test results is a plus (e.g. TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge English Exams).
• Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
• Ability to manage high pressure situations
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, management, business, or related field or 4 years equivalent work experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs