Citi SVP, Senior Credit Review Manager in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Other Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job ID: 18058700
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Senior Credit Review Manager is responsible for independently managing all aspects of his or her assigned Review Entities. Responsibilities include execution of Business Monitoring and Reviews in accordance with the FCR Manual, monitoring and evaluation of Institutional Clients Group, Citi Private Bank, and Citi Commercial Bank portfolios, strategies, and credit risks, assessment of the effectiveness of credit risk management of assigned businesses, proposal of pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues, and maintaining ongoing contact with a Review Entity’s management through continuous Business Monitoring and corrective action follow-up where applicable.
• Management of regional FCR Review Entities through quarterly Business Monitoring and periodic Reviews
• Assessment of the quality of assigned portfolios and relationships, including identification and evaluation of emerging risks
• Assessment of the quality and adequacy of credit analysis and exposure analysis as well as accuracy and appropriateness of risk ratings and classifications of corporate, commercial and high-net worth relationships
• Assessment of the effectiveness of the credit risk processes and standards of assigned Review Entities to promote leading practices and identify opportunities for improvements
• Assessment of Business and Risk staffing levels to determine the effects on assigned Review Entities
• Preparation of Credit Assessment Documents in accordance with and at the quality standards required by the FCR Manual and Review Guides
• Approval of relationship-level file testing prepared by FCR Credit Risk Analysts and Guest Reviewers
• Evaluation of the appropriateness of Corrective Action Plans resulting from Reviews or Business Monitoring, and subsequent validation of the effectiveness of the same after implementation by the Business
• Accountability for the quality and consistency of work products that include Credit Assessment Documents, Sample Rationale Documents, and Fundamental Credit Review Reports created for the assigned Review Entities
• Support of Credit Review Portfolio Managers, Regional Directors, and FCR Management on regional and/or global tasks
• Proactive communication to Credit Review Portfolio Managers and FCR Senior Management of any concerns and/or emerging risks that may jeopardize the assigned Review Entities
• Travel required (25%)
• Demonstrable financial services experience including 6-8 years of credit experience in corporate, commercial, or retail banking
• Good knowledge of capital markets products, including derivatives
• Fully conversant in credit policy matters with proven sound judgment
• Regulatory experience or relevant experience in a similar role at another institution is desirable
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to coordinate and manage large review teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence without direct authority
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• BA/BSc or higher in business, finance, or a related field
• Senior Credit Officer qualification preferred
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citi Jobs