Bechtel Corporation Security Supervisor in Iquique, Chile
Requisition ID: 217177
Under minimal supervision, coordinates physical security and emergency planning services for the protection of various project and/or jobsite security programs. Applies specialized knowledge and expertise in formulating and implementing plans, programs, policies, and systems appropriate to various threat situations and local conditions. Supervises assigned employees and/or contract personnel providing security services. Coordinates activities with appropriate Bechtel management and staff, public agencies, contractors and client representatives.
Receives functional guidance from the assigned Manager of Security.
Reports to and receives operational guidance from the Senior Security Specialist or office/project management depending upon assignment.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Supervises and provides functional direction to assigned security and contractor personnel furnishing security services at offices, jobsites, executive residences and facilities.
- Maintains contacts with Bechtel field, office and services management; senior executives and family members; governmental authorities; contractor and client representatives; and/or other officials and agencies according to assignment to ensure effective coordination of security and emergency planning and operational functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides security services to one of the following areas according to position assigned:
Bechtel project or jobsite
Bechtel Executive Protection Program
Physical security program at a Bechtel office to protect personnel, property, and equipment
Administration and activities of the U.S. Government security program relating to Bechtel contracts with the Department of Defense and Department of Energy.
1. Assists senior security, business unit, project or office management to identify, develop, implement and maintain security strategies and programs. Develops physical security, emergency procedures, and personal protection plans, programs and criteria so as to respond to security conditions and incidents, and minimize risk of personal, physical or financial harm to Bechtel jobsites, offices, or designated senior executives, their residences and families.
2. When supporting the executive protective services program, determines need for, and manages procurement, installation and operational instruction of, security equipment required at the residence, vacation homes or offices of company executives.
3. Develops and maintains close relationships with peers in appropriate law enforcement, intelligence and security agencies, and private sector counterparts to support the continuous monitoring of threat-related intelligence and the timely development of threat assessments potentially impacting the travel safety, project and work-site feasibility, incident management, and evacuation activities as regards Bechtel’s permanent offices, jobsites, or executives and their families.
4. Assists with the supervision of administration, operations, policy formulation and activities of a project/jobsite/office’s security program to ensure compliance with Department of Defense, Department of Energy, Nuclear Regulatory Commission and/or other governmental agency security regulations, including obtaining security clearances as required.
5. Assists with the coordination, development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems to maintain, measure, and enhance the overall security function within the assigned office or business unit.
6. Formulates specifications as required for contract security services, evaluating contractor proposals, and supervising contractor activities to ensure that the required level of performance is achieved.
7. Organizes and conducts security awareness, education, and orientation programs for project/jobsite/office staff as required.
8. Conducts security surveys and audits to ensure compliance with security programs; identifies and reports discrepancies and recommends corrective action. Informs supervisor of the status of the security program and problem areas and provides recommendations for remedial action.
9. Conducts investigations of criminal acts and potential threats against Bechtel’s interests. Coordinates investigative activities with appropriate management, formulates written reports, and presents oral briefings.
10. As required, works with assigned organizations during bidding and project development.
11. Supervises specialized training for assigned security staff, as required.
12. Supervises assigned subordinates in performance of security functions, including evaluation of individual performance and recommending compensation and other personnel management actions.
Formal training in industrial security, criminal justice, industrial relations, or associated disciplines, and previous experience with law enforcement, intelligence, public or private sector security organization.
Current knowledge of industrial security principles, procedures, and equipment applicable to the physical protection of national and international construction activities, office facilities and senior executives.
Practical experience in developing and managing security programs requiring the employment of recognized security measures, procedures, and techniques.
Skill in verbal and written communication with senior officials, contractors, governmental representatives, and law enforcement agencies.
Capable of obtaining security clearances as may be required for access to government classified information.
Familiar with business, governmental and industrial security techniques and developments to include the application of international, federal, state and local laws and regulatory measures pertinent to areas of responsibility.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Concentrator, Chile . With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.