Lockheed Martin Sprayer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet...or any other...are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing women and men are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture urges employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space.
Our Commercial Civil Space Team's Operations group is seeking a Sprayer at our Huntsville, Alabama site. In this role you will be responsible for:
• Masking, manual spray application of an ablative coating
• Machining of ablative coating to blue print requirements
• Spray application of a topcoat and final machining and inspection of vendor supplied parts.
• Maintaining in-process quality control of all steps in the processing.
• Maintaining process travelers for product traceability
• Receiving and shipping of vendor supplied parts
• Maintaining inventory of process consumable items & spray processing
• Maintaining processing equipment and facilities.
Working hours are 6:00 am - 3:30 pm.
Typical Experience: High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 1 Year of experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Familiarity of materials processing operations and material development techniques.
• Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of spray paint processing equipment.
• Have manual spray application skills.
• Have the ability to read and understand blue-prints.
• Experience with spray processing and machining hazardous materials
• Familiarity with basic math and computer skills
• Machine shop equipment familiarity and operation
• Familiarity with standard hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Familiarity with operating basic machine shop equipment, such as a band saw, belt sander, and drill press
• Familiarity with facility equipment maintenance is desirable.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.