Trinity Health SJSEMI_Environmental Specialist_R01411 in Howell, Michigan
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
- Tuition Reimbursement – Full and Part Time Staff
General Summary: Responsible for daily cleaning in assigned area to maintain a safe and sanitized area. Assists nursing staff in a variety of activities to support quality patient care.
- Promotes a positive work environment by demonstrating teamwork
- Cleans and sanitizes assigned work areas
- Demonstrates and utilizes proper body mechanics and lifting techniques with equipment, linen and trash
- Productively utilizes time when assignments are complete
- Assists nursing with patient care and equipment when requested
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma and/or GED - Preferred.
- Basic skills in reading, writing and arithmetic.
Experience: One to three months on the job training or previous experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and write English; follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to demonstrate interpersonal and verbal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail, prioritize assigned tasks and organize work, lift up to 40 lbs., and turn and position equipment. Walk, stand, bend, twist, turn, stoop and reach 90% of work time when performing cleaning duties.
- Ability to utilize safe body mechanics.
- Patient Care environment with exposure to potentially infectious body fluids and other contaminants.
- Regular exposure to chemical odors, fumes and cleaning solvents.
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
Job Number: 00150755
Location: Howell, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Livingston Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift