HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room in Houston, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room (ER).
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest – Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room (ER) Evenings - 3p-3a * * HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
To learn more about the programs and upcoming events at HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest, visitwww.HCAhoustonhealthcare.com
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For more information, visitwww.HCAGulfCoast.com.
What you will do in this role:
- Collaborates with the ED Charge Nurse, ED staff, ED providers to ensure appropriate delivery of patient care for a group of patients according to policy and procedure and the standards of care.
- Applies the nursing process to a group of patients. Evaluates outcomes of patient care, consults with other disciplines as required and documents the plan of care and treatment as necessary to ensure optimal service and care to hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate delivery of patient care for a group of patients according to policy and procedure; assigns and/or delegates patient care assignments to license and non-licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of the patient, staff availability and qualifications.
- Documents and delivers all aspects of patient care efficiently and accurately in the electronic health record. Maintains proper and required documentation in accordance with hospital accreditations for trauma, stroke, STEMI and core measures.
- Demonstrates professional practice/conduct at all times.
- Participates in department process improvement projects. Participates and engaged in improving patient satisfaction.
Education * Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required.
What qualification you will need:
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program (B.S.N)
- Graduate of approved and accredited ADN must be enrolled in a current B.S.N. nursing program.
- Current Basic BLS, ACLS, PALS from an AHA provider or ENPC, TNCC.
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas.
- 2-years of ER experience highly desired.
- Ability to interpret basic EKG rhythms within 6 month
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room
Location: Texas-Houston-HCA Houston Northwest
Requisition ID: 26920-108407