Epic Health Services Job #: 83037 in Houston, Texas
The Client Authorization Coordinator (CAC) is a position built on Aveanna’s core values and involved interaction between office and field personnel with the objective of exceeding our “Five-C’s” Operating Principles while focusing on best business practices to ensure the office not only meets, but surpasses financial goals that are set. The CAC is responsible for the management of the authorization process and ensuring our patients and therapists do not have any administrative obstacles to overcome in Aveanna’s effort to revolutionize how care is delivered, one patient at a time.
Essential Job Functions
- Tracks and Submits Evaluations, Re-Evaluations and Physician Orders to their respective signing physician.
- Tracks and Submits necessary clinical documentation to respective physicians
- Tracks and Submits discharge orders.
- Tracks and Submits all necessary information to the patient’s insurance company.
- Communicates to all appropriate staff when orders/authorizations received.
- Adheres to GLS SOPs for orders and authorizations.
- Conducts initial insurance verification to ensure referral has the appropriate funding source.
- Communicates all therapy referrals to Therapy CSC after conducting initial insurance verification.
- Notifies appropriate supervisor when therapy orders are outside of acceptable collection time.
- Documents and ensures accurate information within Aveanna-based software the status of Evaluation and Treatment orders, TP-1, TP-2, Plan of Care, and Authorizations.
- Communicates and coordinates with appropriate departments when necessary paperwork is needed from respective physician’s offices.
- The CAC handles additional or necessary job duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- A Master’s Degree preferred
- Pediatric Healthcare experience
- Experience working in a competitive team environment
- Public relations ability, interpersonal skill, professional telephone manner.
- Organized, flexible, attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health care preferred.
- Business decorum and appearance.
- Supportive of team concept.
Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
Prolonged sitting, walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
Must be able to sit, and climb stairs
Must have visual and hearing acuity
Must have strong sense of smell and touch
Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating hours
Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Business Sector: Aveanna Healthcare
Job Code: 83037
Location: TX-Houston (South Clinic Kirby)
General Area: Houston, TX