YMCA of Greater Houston Day Camp Counselor I - Conroe Day Camp in Houston, Texas
Provides quality seasonal day camp experience by teaching values, ensuring safety and facilitating structured play and educational activities with the children, in accordance with state requirements and YMCA policy. Assist with providing a program that focuses on youth development, including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring, and faith.
- Directly supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values.
- Facilitates both formal and informal play in an outdoor environment.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Maintains the program site and equipment, assists with the set-up and breakdown of activity centers and cleaning of the program area.
- Maintains required program records.
- Maintains positive relations with children, parents, and other staff.
- Makes sound decisions in alignment with YMCA and state standards.
- Acts as a role model to campers by exemplifying the YMCA’s five core values.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least 18 years of age.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention trainings.
- Previous experience working with children in a day camp setting preferred.
- Experience preferred in on or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Current record of tuberculosis examination and/or current local health department regulations, examinations, and/or immunization as required by the local or State Department of Health.
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Posting ID 87584890522
Job Category Day Camp