Trinity Health Psychiatrist - CHAD Unit - FT Days in Holyoke, Massachusetts
Provides psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and follow-up care for patients on the Inpatient Substance Abuse/Acute Treatment Services unit at Providence Behavioral Health Hospital (PBHH) and assists in providing psychiatric and addiction-related care in other Addiction Services programs within Sisters of Providence Health System (SPHS).
*PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:*
- Maintains active understanding of all applicable Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Department of Public Health (DPH), Bureau of Substance Abuse Services (BSAS) regulations, as well as any regulations from other relevant accreditation bodies.
- Provides appropriate interactions with persons employed or contracted with various regulatory agencies, in collaboration with SPHS/PBHH Leadership Team.
- Provides input to the Addiction Services leadership team as needed, in strategy planning, determination of resource distribution, and assuring quality care.
- Maintains compliance with all Medical Staff bylaws.
- Provides direct care to dual diagnosis patients on inpatient substance abuse unit(s) and in the other Addiction Services programs as assigned. Assists in management of a system to ensure that patient’s psychiatric needs are consistently and appropriately met.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team on assigned services with particular attention to the psychiatric care of the patients.
- Assists in providing coverage for the Medical Director of Inpatient Substance Abuse unit(s) or the Medical Director of the Opioid Treatment Program(s), as needed.
- Provides clinical supervision to Addiction Services Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners as assigned.
- Assures completion of chart entries and signatures consistent with regulatory guidelines and medical staff bylaws.
- Collaborates with other care providers in the community as clinically indicated.
- Assures clinical care is consistent with evidence-based guidelines.
*REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:*
- Graduate of accredited Medical School or School of Osteopathy. Completed residency training.
- Psychiatrist, licensed by the Board of Registration of Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Must hold valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and DEA-X certificate and Massachusetts Controlled Substance number.
- Board certification in Addiction Psychiatry or certified in Addiction Medicine preferred, but alternatively at a minimum, must have at least one (1) year of addiction-related clinical treatment experience, and 40 hours of CME in treating addicted persons within the past year, or within the first twelve months of employment.
- Must meet requirements for membership on the Medical Staff of SPHS with appropriate credentialing. Must maintain re-credentialing per Medical Staff bylaws.
- Works in a well-lit, well ventilated, locked inpatient unit, with access to cafeteria, vending machines; sanitary facilities on the premises.
- Failure to follow established procedures could result in injury to self or others, such as: cuts, punctures, exposure to bodily fluids, and falls on slippery floors, or back injuries from lifting. Exposure to patients with varying degrees of psychopathology, and who may be potentially aggressive or assaultive; risk of injury from these patients. High levels of stress present on frequent basis.
- Some irregularity in scheduled hours is possible or occasional stress due to periodic or cyclical workload pressures and nature of job.
- Reports to the Chief Medical Officer, Addiction Services of SPHS, with clinical supervision provided by the Chief of Psychiatry as needed.
- Provides clinical supervision to assigned Physician Assistants and/or Nurse Practitioners.
Job Number: 00095180
Location: Holyoke, MA
Organization Name: Mercy Medical Center
Facility: SPMA - Providence
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift