Trinity Health Clinical Supervisor LICSW or LMCH - Methadone Maintenance/Opioid Treatment Program - 40 hours, Day shift in Holyoke, Massachusetts
Responsible for the administrative and clinical supervision of clinical (non-nursing) staff in the Methadone Treatment Program. Emphasis is on coordination of clinical care with multidisciplinary team, quality documentation and monitoring staff productivity. Functions as liaison between nursing and clinical staff. Works in collaboration with Program Director and Office Supervisor to insure staff compliance with billing and managed care related activities. Responsible for a small caseload.
*PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:*
- Directly supervises clinical staff within the program including interns. Maintains documentation of supervision and staff trainings.
- Coordinates and manages utilization management system at the specific sites. Utilizes management reports to monitor treatment, clinician performance and insures clinical documentation is completed and reviewed within established time frames.
- Works with clinicians to address quality of care issues, insures clinician compliance with regulatory and department policies and procedures including medical record documentation. Assists Program Director to develop and monitor clinical protocols.
- Responsible for monitoring clinician staff productivity, tracking and monitoring billable hours of clinical staff on a weekly/monthly basis. Responsible for maximizing revenue and ensuring clinician compliance with policies and procedures pertaining to billing and authorization requests.
- Responsible for the recruitment process for all non-nursing clinical positions within the department in collaboration with the Program Director. Completes timely performance appraisals of non-nursing clinical staff and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Functions as a primary contact person with community referral sources and maintains ongoing marketing efforts to insure appropriate volumes within the department.
- Participates in provider meetings, organizational meetings and/or committees as assigned by the Program Director. Facilitates multidisciplinary meetings.
- Maintains clinical licensure and continuing education requirements.
- At Program Director’s discretion, maintains small clinical caseload and meets productivity requirement of 20%. Conducts initial evaluations, develops treatment plans and provides outpatient clinical services. Provides crisis intervention as needed, documents interventions and coordinates with other providers. Monitors new admission procedures, intakes, and case assignments.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences of patients and fellow employees. Incorporates learning from cultural competency trainings in meeting patient needs.
- *REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: *
- Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles and concepts normally acquired through the completion of a Masters degree in a clinical field (MA, MSW, M. Ed) with independent licensure (LICSW, LMHC).
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience within an outpatient behavioral health setting.
- Demonstrated skill/experience in treating people with chemical addictions and dual diagnosis.
Department is large outpatient site with high volume of patients served on a daily basis.
- Position requires travel between Providence Hospital and 227 Mill Street MMTP sites on a regular basis.
Reports to Program Director, MMTP.
- Has the responsibility for the direct supervision of all Clinical FTEs assigned by Program Director.
Job Number: 00047868
Location: Holyoke, MA
Organization Name: Mercy Medical Center
Facility: SPMA - Providence
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift