Trinity Health Advance Practice RN-BHN Per Diem Hours as needed in Holyoke, Massachusetts
Facility: Providence Behavioral Health Hospital Provides psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, medication management and coordination of care for inpatients at Providence Hospital. Functions as part of a multidisciplinary team and coordinates care with other providers and staff.
*PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:*
- Determines admission legal status and completes written assessment and/or dictated initial psychiatric assessment within 2 hours of admission to inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Completes written and/or dictated psychiatric assessment/consultation within 24 hours of admission to detox floor.
- Orders laboratory tests, imaging studies, medication and various clinical interventions in coordination with Physician Assistant (PA).
- Attends team meeting and coordinates development of appropriate problem list and treatment plan for each patient managed.
- Meets with patient daily on psychiatric units and, as needed, for appropriate monitoring on detox unit. Records progress note and initials billing sheet.
- Supports treatment team and utilization review in all aspects of patient care, as needed.
- Assists in providing coverage for medical staff members on vacation or leave.
- Communicates effectively with families, outside providers and involved agencies.
- Testifies in commitment hearings.
- In rotation with other medical staff, assures morning and evening call coverage.
- Completes medical records in a timely fashion.
- Provides in-service training on psychiatric issues as requested.
- Participates in weekly supervision and monthly medical staff meeting.
- Maintains all required licensures and credentials through the attainment of appropriate continuing education credits.
*REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:*
- Masters degree in psychiatric nursing; state licensure and certification and DEA required.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessment and treatment of adult, geriatric and substance use disordered populations.
- Ability to provide brief and/or emergent psychiatric provider services to children and adolescents.
- Various inpatient units at Providence Hospital.
- Reports to supervising psychiatrist.
Job Number: 00060829
Location: Holyoke, MA
Organization Name: Mercy Medical Center
Facility: SPMA - Holyoke
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift