Comcast Mgr 2, Network Maintenance in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
** This position may be located in Harrisburg, Reading or Lancaster **
Responsible for the overall functions of the Network Maintenance
department. Oversees and manages daily job functions of personnel to
assure work is completed in a timely and efficient manner. Provides
leadership, motivation, and direction for improvement in providing
outstanding customer service and network maintenance. Establishes and
oversees procedures, performance standards, and best practices.
Organizes daily and monthly activities to meet goals. Oversees work
performance. Develops and trains staff. Has accountability for managing
financial resources. Provides subject matter guidance to employees. Has
overall responsibility for developing/administering performance
standards for organizational unit. Develops processes and procedures to
implement functional strategies. Develops financial and operational
objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business
objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a
greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one
or more groups of professional employees.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Oversees and provides training and direction to Network Maintenance
Technicians on all maintenance activities, proper work methods, quality
standards, and equipment.
- Manages daily and monthly schedules to meet operational goals.
- Monitors work production and quality, ensuring that all repairs meet
required specifications and that all safety and company procedures are
- Enforces performance standards and guidelines for field operations.
Implements/monitors ongoing work safety programs in compliance with OSHA
standards. Promotes safety awareness (and OSHA regulations) in order to
provide a work environment free from injury.
- Maintains department budgets, completes reports on a timely basis, and
monitors and controls budgeted expenses.
- Ensures the proper completion of all scheduled or on-demand service or
- Participates in and conducts work performance reviews along with
providing ongoing open communication with the Team.
- Ensures that customer complaints are resolved in a timely and
- Recommends changes and updates in policies, procedures, and best
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Financial and analytical l background
- Has dealing with sub-contractors/business partners
-Project management experience on large scale complex projects
-Experience in measuring and assessing the overall effectiveness of a work group
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
-Valid driver's license required
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
- Comcast Jobs