Elements Behavioral Health Director of Admissions in Hanover, Pennsylvania
The Director of Admissions is responsible for the overall functioning and management of the client intake and admissions process of all patients to all facilities. This role is also responsible for training and managing the admissions and finance staff.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manages the handling of admissions calls and assuring that staff provides the appropriate information to allow prospective clients to make decision regarding treatment options.
- Oversees the accurate completion of verification of benefits prior to admission, financial record keeping, agreement creation and signatures, fund transfers, etc.
- Manages the admission approval process, insurance verifications and other screening activities, prior to and for the first day of admission.
- Facilitates the use of systems for tracking clients, verifying insurance and other client records.
- Reviews and insures that admissions and financial staff are properly handling the client intake and admissions process, including activities prior to admissions, including gathering of information, client profile and record creation.
- Oversees the coordination of airport/house pick-up with transportation department and distribution of pertinent information to the individual providing the transportation.
- Ensures communication and sharing of information with doctors, nurses and other staff regarding anticipated admission of clients.
- Manages communication process with family, family counselors, referral sources.
- May meet and greet client and family/friends, provide introductions, tours, first level orientation for client and family.
- Handles any escalated issues with admissions and troubleshoot from initial problem until resolutions.
- Communicates admission information to Admissions Directors on a daily basis.
- Communicates program information to staff, referral sources and families clearly and
- Serves as call after hours and weekends support as necessary.
- Participates in alumni and referral source events pertinent to the facility.
- Coordinates with Admissions Director regarding ideas and thoughts regenerating new business.
- Provide training and supervision to designated staff and document progress towards goals according to performance reviews.
- Provides quality assurance for outside provider invoices and forward to appropriate approver and department.
- Manages administrative functions to ensure smooth operation of the team including timecards, updating admissions related documents and processes as needed, etc.
- Attends strategic meetings, marketing events and key conferences.
- Previous experience in an Admissions/Intake role required
- Nursing and/or Clinical licensure preferred
- 5 years management experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled