The Raymond Corporation Control Systems Engineer in Greene, New York
This opening in the Advanced Research group offers a unique opportunity to engage in projects that are shaping the future of material handling. We are looking for a Control Systems Engineer who can apply his/her knowledge and skills in support of a wide variety of foundation and solution services projects. Specifically, this position is for a candidate who will be responsible for developing and implementing various control algorithms for new or existing electric truck functions or features.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
Depending on experience level, responsibilities may include:
- Developing or modifying control system logic to support new or existing truck features or functions
- Creating simulations to support algorithm development
- Using rapid control prototyping techniques to evaluate and demonstrate performance of new algorithms
- Developing and executing technical plans (analysis, simulation, vehicle test) to validate system installation and parameter tuning
- Writing performance and test specifications to tune/validate designs/applications
The ideal candidate will be able to integrate new functions or features into existing system architecture, and will be knowledgeable about existing/emerging sensing technologies needed to support new control algorithms.
The following experience is desired: C language programming for embedded systems, embedded control design/development, dSPACE or other rapid-control-prototyping hardware, as well as knowledge of vehicle communication buses (Ethernet, CAN, RS-232) and their protocols
We are looking for someone who is:
- Systems focused - proven interdisciplinary experience
- Self-motivated - demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams toward near-term and long-term objectives
- Inquisitive - mindset to ask the right questions and to design and execute scientific experiments to prove his/her hypothesis
- Data-driven - ability to interpret data and arrive at actionable insights
- A fast learner - demonstrated command of solid research fundamentals and the ability to quickly grasp new technical areas
- A team player - strong interpersonal skills, professional communication skills, experience with building relationships and facilitating active collaboration
- Flexible, adaptable, and eager to deliver timely results despite unanticipated challenges
Must have the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities, as well as communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Has the ability to present technical material to technically diverse audiences.