Trinity Health Surgical Technologist, Outpatient, PartTime, First Shift, 0.6 FTE in Grand Rapids, Michigan
48 hours / ppd. 8 hour shifts.
- Outpatient Surgery- Lacks Cancer Center
- Part time
Provides assistance as necessary to surgeons and residents by selecting, organizing, anticipating and passing surgical instruments, medical supplies and equipment, maintaining aseptic fields and technique and providing retraction under the direction of the surgeon.
Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist training program.
Preferred:Associate of Applied Science Surgical Technology.
Evidence of completion from an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
Preferred : Certified Surgical Technologists.
- Provides assistance as necessary to surgeons and residents by selecting, organizing, anticipating and passing surgical instruments, medical supplies, equipment, and provides retraction under the direction of the surgeon.
- Maintains highest standard of aseptic technique during all operative procedures, including surgical attire, surgical hand scrub, surgical gowning of self and team, surgical gloving of self and team, boundary between sterile and non-sterile areas, and traffic patterns.
- Identifies breaches in aseptic technique and implements interventions for resolution.
- Performs all phases of reprocessing including decontamination, tray assembly, sterilization, documentation, and problem resolution for parameter failure.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Number: 00099858
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - Main Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift