Trinity Health RN, Registered Nurse- Oncology/Gastric Bypass Unit in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Mercy Health Saint Mary's is seeking registered nurses for our 42 bed primarily oncology unit that also services gastric bypass and general medical patients.
The Registered Nurse facilitates relationship-centered, compassionate, quality care to patients through competent clinical practice and the application of the healing art and science of professional nursing. Optimizes health and healing, preventing or resolving illness, disability or injury, alleviation of suffering, and advocacy in the care of individuals in conjunction with interdisciplinary teams of health care providers, family members, and support systems. Exercises independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care in accordance with current ANA and specialty specific (e.g. AACN, AWHONN etc.) Standards of Professional Nursing Practice, institutional policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations.
All Registered Nurses have the authority, responsibility and accountability for nursing practice and the advancement of nursing practice, and are expected to abide by the Provisions of the Code of Ethics for Nurses (ANA, 2010) as follows:
- The nurse, in all professional relationships, practices with compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status, personal attributes, or the nature of health problems.
- The nurse’s primary commitment is to the patient, whether an individual, family, group or community.
- The nurse promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety, and rights of the patient.
- The nurse is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse’s obligation to provide optimum patient care.
- The nurse owes the same duties to self as to others, including the responsibility to preserve integrity and safety, to maintain competence, and to continue personal and professional growth.
- The nurse participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving the healthcare environments and conditions of employment conducive to the provision of quality health care and consistent with the values of the profession through individual and collective action.
- The nurse participates in the advancement of the profession through contributions to practice, education, administration, and knowledge development.
- The nurse collaborates with other health professionals and the public in promoting community, national, and international efforts to meet health needs.
- The profession of nursing, as represented by associations and their members, is responsible for articulating nursing values, for maintaining the integrity of the profession and its practice, and for shaping social policy.
Graduation from a NLN or AACN accredited school of nursing. Baccalaureate Degree in the Science of Nursing (BSN) Degree from an accredited school of nursing is strongly preferred and encouraged. Valid Registered Nurse licensure authorized in the applicable state of practice/employment. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification. Specialty credentialing preferred according to clinical nursing practice specialty preferred. Experience in a health care setting. Experience in an acute health care setting preferred.
*NEW GRADS NURSES SHOULD BE APPLYING DIRECTLY TO EITHER THE RESIDENCY OR WAIT LIST RESIDENCY. THIS IS ONLY FOR REGISTERED NURSES WITH EXPERIENCE.*
Job Number: 00005389
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - Main Hospital
Employment Type: Full time