Trinity Health FT Social Worker BSW at Sanctuary at St. Marys in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing overall operation of the Social Service Department according to federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, established policies and procedures, etc. to assure the medically related emotional and social needs of the residents are met/maintained on an individual basis.
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity
Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents,
visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm
environment throughout the community.
Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
Interview residents/families to obtain social history in a private setting to determine and participate in community
planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Supports community personnel from other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve
optimum standard of excellence. Addresses issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies
department manager of any interactions requiring attention.
- Identify health care instructions of each resident offering opportunity to formulate advanced directive and inform
attending physician of any/all outcomes.
Participate in discharge planning, development and implementations of social care plans and resident assessments.
Perform cognitive eval and assess resident moods and assure proper follow up care or treatments are offered with
assistance from interdisciplinary team.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting in a timely
manner etc. as necessary and submit to Director.
- Refer resident/families to appropriate social service agencies as necessary; provide information to
resident/families as to Medicare/Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs available to the resident.
- Provide consultation to staff, etc. when problem solving needs of the resident through the development of social
- Assist in developing, delivery and follow-up of a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the
problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified.
- Determine, recommend and follow-up on effectiveness of equipment and supplies necessary or as may be
required, and follow-up services pertinent for home care (i.e. physical/occupational therapy).
- Enters information and documentation accurately in Care Tracker in accordance with company policy, practice
Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of personnel for the Community or Department.
Participate in community surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies
Ensure that all charted progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the
resident’s response to the service.
- Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to
work effectively with residents and personnel.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, TSLC Corporate
Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a
manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior
Job Number: 00111188
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Sanctuary at St Mary's
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift