Trinity Health CT Technologist in Grand Rapids, Michigan
* Mercy Health Summary*
Produces high quality computerized tomography exams through the use of radiation computers and patient evaluation as defined by department protocol. Assists ancillary departments, nursing units, and physician offices for the general welfare of all patients. Performs venipuncture per facility guidelines.
_Minimum _Completion of American Registry of Radiographic Technologists (ARRT) approved Radiologic Technology program.
Preferred Credentials/Licensure *Minimum *Current ARRT registry required and 20 hours of documented CT training (only 10 can be on-the-job). Must maintain continuing education credits per biennium to retain registry status in compliance with the CE requirements of their certifying organization for the imaging modality in which they perform services. At least 2 of these credits must be in CT. Certification or re-certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within three months of hire.
*Preferred *Computerized Tomography (CT) certification until January 1, 2018, at which time this becomes a minimum requirement.
*Minimum *One-year work experience in general diagnostic radiology .
*Preferred *One year of experience performing CT scans.
*Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities *
*Minimum *Effective written and verbal communication and customer service skills. Ability to deal with people of different ages, backgrounds, and educational levels. Effective problem solving skills. Ability to work in a high volume department while remaining organized and composed.
Preferred Computer Competency
Shows how to use (through a competency assessment) a standard desktop and windows based computer system, including a basic understanding of email, e-learning, intranet and computer navigation. Ability to use other software as required to perform the essential functions of the job.
Minimum:Frequent reaching, standing, walking, sitting, bending, twisting, and kneeling. Ability to lift up to a maximum of 35lbs. and perform push/pull tasks that require a maximum force of 35 lbs. Ability to physically operate safe patient movement equipment in compliance with the Safe Patient Movement Policy. Ability to perform detailed tasks and work with interruptions and changing priorities. Has the ability to hear speech, distinguish sounds, speak loudly and softly, and utilize near/far vision, fine motor skills, manual dexterity, depth perception, and color distinction. Needs to be able to distinguish hot and cold temperatures and smell odors.
- Prepares patient by establishing necessary intravenous medications (IV) and administering oral and/or IV contrast media.
- Produces computerized tomography scans by entering patient data, programming the scanner, and the power injector.
- Evaluates the quality of images and films all images in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Utilizes radiation protection devices and protocols, and infection control policies and procedures to protect patient and staff.
- Schedules and charges patients, retrieves films, and facilitates physician/patient inquiries.
- Explains exam and procedures, and acquires patient history, assuring that patient and/or family members understand scope of exam. Monitors safety and comfort of patient through the exam.
- Assures quality patient care by promoting effective communication and teamwork through the organization.
- Effectively uses available resources to provide a more complete and personally satisfying experience for all customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the needs of the age group served.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Number: 00113738
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - Main Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift