Trinity Health Control Desk Coordinator - Radiology Medical Office in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Provides day-to-day support for the Radiology Department. Responsible for greeting patients, collecting appropriate information and scanning documents to the patients'' medical record. Enters orders and makes sure that all requirements for examination and charges are met. Facilitates the timely and efficient flow of patient and medical information for five modalities. Interacts with hospitals, patients, and physician office personnel, greets and directs vendors and others as appropriate. Gathers necessary information for future patients to assist with a workflow. Trained to assess patients'' needs while waiting in Radiology for their exam or transport. Will assist with the transportation of patients to facilitate a smooth workflow. Maintains patients electronic medical record when requests are made for reports, CD, or film images.
- Appropriately greets patients, confirms patient information, visit notifies, processes all required paperwork and scans appropriate documents, generates communication orders, and prepares patient appropriately for exam. Monitors flow of patients through department, notifying patients and key staff of delays or changes in work assignments for five different modalities.
- Verifies physician orders, clinical information, and supporting documentation. Calls patient to verify appointment.
- Follows established protocols and guidelines in coordinating the scheduling of a wide variety of exams, both future and same day. Collects necessary information from physician offices and nursing units for completion of exams.
- Digitizes, prints and/or packages films, reprints, digital CD’s, and reports for distribution/delivery to Patients, physician offices, hospital departments, and medical staff. Pulls list of scheduled patients for the various departments; pulls all necessary jackets/reports for upcoming procedures and digitizes pertinent studies accordingly.
- Monitors patients in the Radiology department pre and post exam time. Responds to patients as appropriate and checks on their needs. Understands how to call Priority One or Code when intervention is necessary.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Certification or re-certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within three months of hire.
- One year of clerical and patient work related experience or vast knowledge of hospital setting. Previous experience with managing an office setting or care of patients preferred.
SHIFT: part time, benefit eligible, 20 hours/week, variable shift start times between 5am-3:30pm, weekend and holiday rotation.
Job Number: 00117779
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - Main Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift