Trinity Health Clinical Manager, Sterile Processing in Grand Rapids, Michigan
IMAGINE SOMETHING MORE….
So, you’re looking for an opportunity to create change and join a highly engaged nursing and leadership team to transform healthcare. You know that healthcare service delivery can look very different from what it is today, you have ideas, and you’re looking for a place that wants to hear about them and has a reputation of high quality. We successfully achieved Magnet designation and transforming our care delivery processes towards population health management.
Under the direction of the Clinical Service Director Peri-Operative Services, is Responsible for the activities of the Surgical Services Sterile Processing department, including 24-hour accountability for facilitating patient care delivery, planning, and evaluation of services for Surgical Services and other patient care areas requiring decontamination, preparation and sterilization. Requires a high level of independent judgement and substantial latitude for independent action.
Engages colleagues, medical staff, and surgical services in assuring and improving processes to support efficient surgical schedules and infection prevention controls. Provides instrumentation, supplies, and equipment necessary within the surgical environment.
Specifically, the position identifies the need for policy development and/or revision, defines policies in collaboration with higher-level management input, goals and objectives. Identifies the need for and drafts or defines procedures/protocols in collaboration with higher management input, goals and objectives; modifies procedures/protocols, as necessary. Monitors the quality and quantity of workflow to ensure work is completed. Initiates or recommends personnel actions such as hires, fires and disciplines. Completes performance appraisals. Develops daily, monthly and/or yearly goals and measures and assists in developing and monitoring budget for single area and, as requested, assists in assessment of goal attainment.
What you will need:
Minimum: Bachelor degree required _or within 6 months of completing degree._
- ### *Credentials/Licensure *
*Minimum Surgical Technologist or Registered Nurse with experience in intra-operative care. Certification or licensure in field required. *
_Preferred _Five years' experience as a Processing Technician with advancement in the role and/or supervisory role. Certification as a Processing Technician, Certified Processing Leadership credential
- ### Related Experience
Minimum : Five years of progressive experience in Operating Room as a Surgical Technologist or Registered Nurse with clinical advancement via clinical ladder or comparable.
- ### Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum:Knowledge of inventory control and budgetary processes. Demonstrated leadership abilities, strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred :Knowledge of infection control principles, aseptic practices, sterilization, disinfections and distribution practices preferred. Member of AAMI and IAHCSSM.
What you will do:
- Develops and assures adherence to work unit goals, policies, and procedures. Monitors productivity and resource utilization in the work unit making changes as necessary.
- Analyzes, develops, and maintains systems and controls assuring quality and continuous improvement of work unit processes.
- Reviews, prepares, and maintains all required records, reports, and other data related to the work unit function.
- Hires, trains, develops, evaluates, and when necessary initiates corrective action for employees within the department.
- Develops, educates and mentors staff. Serves as surgical processing expert to all processing technicians.
- Develops daily, monthly and/or yearly goals and measures. Ensures team leads are aware of goals and measures and has what they need to accomplish.
- Manages schedules, staffing and daily adjustments based on department needs, budgetary parameters and resources available.
- Initiates and leads systems review to improve patient safety, operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Serves as a member of the Value Analysis Committee. Participates in the evaluation of products, medical equipment, and surgical instrumentation. Initiates purchases of new or replacement equipment within budgetary guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of new products, methodologies, trends through journals, workshops, and other continuing education venues. Meets with vendors to review new products, coordinate service, and resolve issues.
- Maintains contact with customers to coordinate service and resolve issues.
- Works with related departments to insure the health and safety of staff.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as directed by the department director, usually associated with the job title or within education and training limitations.
Job Number: 00161354
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - Main Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift