Nurse Next Door Home Care Aide (CNA) in Glendale, California
What makes us different::
- Weekly Paydays!!!
- Supportive Interactive Management Team Benefits: 401K w matching contributionsAccidental Injury Insurance Dental Insurance$13.35 - $14.25 hour to start:
OVERNIGHT AND WEEKEND POSITIONS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY!!:
Job Description Summary:
A Home care aide is an individual authorized to provide non-medical services and assistance to an elderly or disabled client. Nurse Next Door affiliated home care aides shall be selected on the basis of such factors as a sympathetic attitude towards the care of the sick, ability to carry out directions, maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job. All affiliated Home care aides employed by Nurse Next Door to provide in-home care services will be 18 years old (or if under 18 years of age be a high school graduate or enrolled in a vocational education program) and have sufficient communication and language skills to enable them to perform their duties and interact effectively with clients and other agency staff. Home care aides must meet all registration, criminal background checks and training requirements as specified by the State of California Department of Social Services Home Care Services Bureau and Nurse Next Door policies.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the home care aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene such as skin, mouth, hair care, bathing and dressing;
- Assisting clients in and out of bed, transfers, positioning and assisting with ambulation;
- Assisting with exercises as appropriate to meet the client’s needs;
- Meal planning and preparation, and assisting clients with eating;
- Assisting clients to the bathroom or in using commodes, bedpans or urinals and incontinence care;
- Performing household services including housekeeping, laundry, transportation, correspondence, making telephone calls, shopping for personal care items or groceries, and companionship;
- Assisting clients with medications which are ordinarily self-administered;
- At least 18 years of age (or if under 18 years of age be a high school graduate or enrolled in a vocational education program).
- Current registration with the State of California Home Care Aide Registry.
- At least 6 months caregiving experience or clinicals.
- CNA preferred, or currently enrolled in a CNA program.
- Completion of a criminal background check and disclosure of any criminal history or evidence of exemption.
- Evidence of entry-level training or plan to complete training prior to client care and in accordance with CA regulations
- Evidence of tuberculosis testing and verification that the home care aide does not have active tuberculosis.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance and/or reliable transportation.