Trinity Health Transcriptionist in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Pathology transcriptionist that can transcribe pathology reports and handle send outs.
- All dictated material are typed free of errors and sent out in a timely manner.
- Confidentiality of all information is maintained at all times.
- All transcribed material is completed with little or no supervision.
- SNOMED encode pathology cases for future reference as required by CAP.
- Communicates with other employees, patients, physicians and others on matters pertaining to Pathology, Cytology and general laboratory report status, departmental policies, etc.
- Prints required billing reports in timely manner.
- Evaluates and corrects changes as needed. Generates special procedure changes
- Scan reports, files, distributes mail, copies, faxes and registers patients. All activities are performed promptly and efficiently as the need arises.
- Assists with typing for various sections of the general laboratory as needed.
- Receives telephone inquiries, in person, and written authorization regarding Pathology and Cytology reports from physicians, patients and other medical institutions.
- Prepares slides, reports, and other professional material for referral to other institutions.
- Assists, when necessary, in orientation of new personnel to office procedures and standard practices.
- Assists, when necessary, in the preparation of routine and special reports and memos.
- Demonstrates appropriate telephone etiquette when receiving, transferring, and placing calls on hold
High school diploma.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word.
Types 50+ words per minute.
Ability to operate office equipment.
Must be familiar with medical terminology as applicable to pathology.
Hospital experience preferred
Job Number: 00160320
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Organization Name: Holy Cross Hospital
Facility: HCHFL - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift