Trinity Health Patient Access Represenative in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Interviews patients upon arrival to area. Investigates, completes and monitors all related financial and credit processes associated with the ER registration or Admission. Cashiering and Safety Performs at the appropriate competency at PAR level. Minimum Qualifications * Prefer Associates degree or process of obtaining one; required high school diploma or equivalent. * Prefer 2+ years of experience and/or knowledge in registration process in a hospital based Patient Access, or Patient Financial Services area. Prefer a candidate who possesses extensive knowledge of Medicaid, and Managed Care providers. Prefer a candidate who has an understanding of governmental regulations, of the responsibilities of their position in relation to JCAHO, HIPAA, EMTALA, Medicare and Medicaid guidelines and other regulatory requirements. * Must possess excellent communication skills and organization ability. Must demonstrate excellent computer registration data entry skills on hospital based registration system (Meditech system preferred). * Must represent the Department of Patient Access and the Hospital as a skilled competent professional. * Typing test required (Average 20-35 WPM) Licensure * Certified Patient Account Technician CPAT preferred.
- Obtains accurate demographic information, appropriately selecting or assigning a Medical Record Number.
- Obtains insurance information and copies/scans both sides of insurance cards.
- Being mindful of COBRA rules and regulations, does not discuss payment, insurance or money issues with Emergency Room patients prior to medical screening by the appropriate Medical care giver.
- Refers Emergency patient inquiries regarding payment of insurance issues to the Supervisor/ Head nurse in ER if not available.
- Obtains authorization from primary care physician, insurance company or workers compensation carrier and enters information into computer, selecting accurate insurance plan codes according to the insurance plan master.
- Copies/Scans copies of patient s drivers license, or other forms of identification, and obtains signatures and copies/scans financial responsibility and consent to treatment forms.
- Ensures confidentiality is not compromised when handling patient charts, records and other information, including employee, departmental and administrative information.
- In compliance with Medicare regulations, initiates MSP questionnaire and obtains response from patient, questioning liability on all trauma and accident cases, and assigns appropriate Financial class and prints/scans a copy for file.
- Reviews face sheets for errors and makes corrections before forwarding work. Reprints new face sheets and redistributes accordingly.
- Makes sure protocol is followed on all roll over accounts that become admitted or become observation registrations and has an approval from Case Management/ or administration for Page 4. all transfers coming into hospital registration areas.
- Performs bed-side registration of entire registration/financial counseling process for patients brought to ER via ambulance or admitted to a floor.
Provides back up for Maternity coordinator, MRI/CT, ER and Admitting areas of Registration. Is cross trained in all areas of registration.
Reviews and or obtains complete financial and insurance information benefits and authorization prior to patient discharge in ER, and prior to admission, or on the first working day after admission.
- Obtains Medicare DDE benefits verification and (Name, HIC#, DOB match) on each Medicare claim, Medicaid Medifax verification, for Medicaid patients, Availity benefits verification, HDX verification and checks insurance websites for benefits verification and eligibility on commercial payors.
- Ensures compliance with Managed Care guidelines and contracts following admission and ER Service protocols.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Insurance plan codes and their corresponding Insurance plans. Chooses correct plan code and plan for placing in insurance field on registration screens.
- Implements flat fee payment arrangements for self pay patients while working with PFS/PA Management Team and Managed Care to obtain ER and Admission flat fee rates, changes FC to S when implementing this arrangement with patients.
- Works in cooperation with Medicaid eligibility unit and Self Pay unit (APPLE), to obtain public assistance, charity, and Medicaid eligibility when applicable.
- Assists Case Management and CAP departments regarding financial concerns and obtaining authorizations and insurance verifications.
- Makes sure there is an appropriate discharge sheet on all patients and that all patients have been seen by Financial counseling prior to discharge.
Verifies authorization numbers with insurance company.
Takes in co-insurance, deductibles and self pay monies due on accounts and complies to proper accounting procedures set up by accounting department for receiving monies and depositing them into ER safe.
- Follows procedures for ER pegboard process and giving of receipts to patients. As established by Accounting department.
- Reports daily all cash collected to appropriate managers and cash management departments.
Maintains constant awareness of potential safety hazards, insuring necessary safety precautions.
Perform at professional conduct standards, exemplifying core values, standards of excellence, and appropriate compliance conduct for HCH PFS departments.
- Demonstrate superior teaching ability of all policies & procedures within their primary area of Patient Access
- Demonstrate the ability to register in ALL Patient Access Areas including Admitting, ED, and Outpatient.
- Maintain a quality AHIQA Review with a score of 95% or higher for a period of 3 months or Page 5. more.
- Bring unresolved issues to management s attention within the associate s primary area or other areas within Patient Access that may in-turn influence a positive resolution
- Become cross trained in the financial counseling processes or centralized scheduling processes if main area of responsibility is registration.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Employee must not be on a written warning or higher level of disciplinary action.
Prefer Associates degree, or in process of obtaining one; minimum requirement: High School grad with 2 plus years of experience/knowledge in registration process in a hospital based Patient Access, or Patient Financial Services area. Should possess extensive knowledge of intake and eligibility requirements for third party payors, especially for Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care providers. Must be able to use DDE system for Medicare eligibility; Availity System for commercial payors; Medifax system for Medicaid eligibility, and HDX eligibility systems. Must possess excellent communication skills, and organization ability. Must demonstrate excellent computer registration data entry skills on hospital based registration system (Meditech system preferred). Should be able to run a Pegboard cash receipt system; And must have customer service related experience and training. Must have understanding of governmental regulations, of the responsibilities of their position in relation to JCAHO,HIPAA, EMTALA, Medicare and Medicaid guidelines and other regulatory requirements. Must represent the Department of Patient Access and the Hospital as a skilled competent professional.
Job Number: 00119723
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Organization Name: Holy Cross Hospital
Facility: HCHFL - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Full time