Trinity Health LPN or RN - Gallagher Peds in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, operating in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy and a part of Trinity Health. As a part of Trinity Health, with 89,000 colleagues and more than 20,000 physicians / clinicians, we are united to serve our communities and advance our mission: ""to serve in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming, healing presence within our communities"" and our vision ""to be the trusted health partner for life."" This is a FT position on day shift with benefits. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
Assists in implementing a plan of care. Demonstrates competence in ordered treatments including but not limited to vital signs, obtaining finger-stick blood glucose samples, vascular assessments, wound assessments and measuring, sterile/clean technique, infection control, application of dressings and wraps, administration of pharmaceuticals, administration and handling of advanced dressings and therapies.
Performs data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on the physiological, psychological, and cognitive status of each patient assigned using assessment sheets. Reports findings to the physician.
- Registers/inputs patient demographics, Schedules/reschedules appointments as required, via PM (Practice Management) Scheduling System.
- Interviews patients/guarantors; Ensures smooth patient flow throughout the day. Answers phone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates reliability in accepting and fulfilling various roles in the overall staffing plan.
- Renders consistent professional care to all patients.
- Assists physician/conducts treatments/procedures.
- Maintains all equipment in proper working and observes safe and accurate use of all medical devices.
- Administers injections as requested by Physician.
- Performs Waived Laboratory / Moderate Complexity tests following guidelines established CLIA.
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
Grade of 80% or higher on Advanced Medical Assistant test required
Minimum of 1 year experience in medical office setting preferred
Knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes and health care insurance preferred
Ability to calm patients by being supportive is necessary
- Good interpersonal skills for effective communication are necessary
- Graduate of an accredited LPN nursing program is required.
*Experience & Skills:*
- One (1) year of experience in a medical office or hospital setting is preferred.
- Experience in phlebotomy and EKG is necessary.
- Florida LPN license is required
- BLS card from AHA is required
Job Number: 00163867
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Organization Name: Holy Cross Hospital
Facility: HCHFL - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift