Trinity Health HCHFL_HEART LAB NURSE III_2049 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Care provided is appropriate to the age of the patients served, as defined in the scope of service for the nurses area of practice, to include: Early Adulthood (19-45 years), Middle Adulthood (46-60 years),Later Adulthood (Over 61 years)
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of growth and development
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
- Makes initial assessment, and determines appropriate nursing needs of assigned patients, as evidenced by appropriate documentation
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment on all assigned patients, including a review of systems, as evidenced by appropriate documentation. Completes Admission Assessment in time frame established, according to Policy and Procedure.
- Completes Admission Assessment in time frame established, according to Policy and Procedure.
- Monitors patients during invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures for arrhythmias, cardiovascular status change, pain, mental status change. Intervenes appropriately
- Establishes and maintains ongoing communication with the invasive Cardiologist throughout the procedure to facilitate patient safety, treatment and diagnosis.
- Initiates and follows Holy Cross Hospital policy regarding care during invasive procedure inclusive of conscious sedation and monitoring of oxygen saturation, respiratory status, circulatory status, mental status and vital signs. Documents results accurately.
- Systematically reviews history and physical, EKG, lab values and chest x-ray, and correlates invasive procedure protocol with patients physiologic status. Performs a cardiovascular assessment of all patients admitted to the Heart Lab / EPS Lab and communicates abnormal findings to Invasive Cardiologist and fellow team members
- Initiates and/or maintains IV therapy in Invasive Laboratory providing a line for routine and emergency Pharmacological interventions
- Continuously monitors ECG for abnormalities and reports emergent or urgent rhythms to Invasive Cardiologist and other team members.
- Communicates effectively with monitor team member to accurately and thoroughly document pertinent data during the procedure; including physical assessment of patient, medication administration, hemodynamics, procedural findings, and recommended treatment.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing communication with patient throughout the procedure to facilitate patient comfort, emotional support, reassurance and safety
- Demonstrates working knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias and the ACLS protocols
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of procedures performed by acquiring relative continuing education, seeking learning opportunities within the field of Invasive Cardiology
- Practices radiation safety according to principles of ALARA and Time, Distance, Shielding.
- Demonstrates clinical competency wit IABP with some supervision.
- Demonstrates clinical competency with blood glucose monitoring and quality control techniques
- Demonstrates the ability to draw blood for ACT monitoring and is skilled at running samples. Demonstrates clinical competency with ACT monitoring and quality control techniques.
- Demonstrates clinical competency with sheath removal and can verbally state the potential hazards associated with this procedure.
- Responds quickly and appropriately in emergency situations requiring BCLS and/or ACLS. Is effective with ACLS procedures (i.e., Bag/mask ventilation, CPR, defibrillator operation, medication administration) with some supervision.
- Demonstrates clinical competency with the administration of IV moderate sedation. Verbalizes correct drug dosages, knowledge of drug actions, contraindications, etc., must have knowledge of reversal agents and their administration
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. One year critical care experience, one year previous diagnostic/invasive cardiac Cath lab and/or recovery experience preferred. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within six months of hire.
Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Florida.
Job Number: 00186691
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Organization Name: Holy Cross Hospital
Facility: HCHFL - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift