Trinity Health EP/Heart Lab Nurse IV (Full Time) in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Care provided is appropriate to the age of the patients served, as defined in the scope of service for the nurses area of practice, to include: Early Adulthood (19-45 years, Middle Adulthood (46-60 years, Later Adulthood (Over 61 years)
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of nursing theory as relates to area of specialization, and integrates/applies that knowledge to practice.
- Makes initial ongoing assessments of patients with complex, multi-system disease, and determines total nursing needs of the patient and significant others.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to assure assessment, treatment, and care is appropriate to the age of the patients served, as described on the scope of service for the area of practice. Care provided is age-specific for all patients including but not limited to: Neonates, Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, or Geriatrics: 1) Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in the terms of the patient s needs,2) Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of growth and development,3) Demonstrates an understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients
- Completes an admission assessment in the timeframe established for area of practice, according to the policy and procedure
- Monitors patients during invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures for arrhythmias, cardiovascular status change, pain, mental status change. Intervenes appropriately
- Performs a structured cardiovascular assessment of all patients admitted to the EPS/Heart Lab and documents evaluation and reports findings to Invasive Cardiologist.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing communication with the invasive Cardiologist throughout the procedure to facilitate patient safety, treatment and diagnosis.
- Initiates and/or maintains IV therapy in Invasive Laboratory providing a line for routine emergency pharmacological interventions
- Systematically reviews history and physical, EKG, lab values and chest x-ray, and correlates invasive procedure protocol with patients physiological status. Communicates findings to Physician and team members.
- Rotates assignments within the lab to include roles of circulating, monitoring, scrubbing. Utilizes opportunities for spontaneous teaching as they arise in the clinical area
- Functions as expert resource nurse in labs to aid and assist team members with procedures and equipment sharing of clinical expertise and problem solving.
- Documents procedure thoroughly and accurately using hemodynamic computer data, medication administration, patient physical assessment, procedural findings, recommended treatment
- Establishes and maintains ongoing communication with patient throughout the procedure to facilitate patient comfort, emotional support, reassurance and safety.
- Maintains highest level of competency for unit specific duties and is able to instruct also: sheath pulling IABP, blood glucose monitoring, ACT monitoring, IVUS/Angiojet, wavewire etc. for Heart lab; and Chille, Pruka monitoring, ablation devices, Endocardial Mapping System for EPS, etc., and procedures specific to the specialty area.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias and the ACLS protocols
- Responds quickly and appropriately to emergency situations and functions as a leader to guide team members for a safe and positive outcome.
- Practices radiation safety according to principles of ALARA and Time, Distance, Shielding
- Practices radiation safety according to principles of ALARA and Time, Distance, Shielding.
- Demonstrates expertise in specialty by maintaining a rate of V on all required clinical competencies each year.
- Troubleshoots problems with X-Ray, procedure and monitoring equipment for successful resolution.
- Coordinates and monitors new associate orientation, participates also in precepting, keeps all forms and paperwork up-to-date and updates manuals yearly.
- Coordinates and monitors yearly competencies, completes all checklists and forms for associates files. Updates yearly competencies in accordance with nursing department
- Takes role of charge person to coordinate activities in the lab while meeting needs of the physician, patient and fellow team members.
- Demonstrates clinical competency with the administration of IV moderate sedation. Verbalizes correct drug dosages, knowledge of drug actions, contraindications, etc., must have knowledge of reversal agents and their administration
- Performs other job related duties within job scope as requested by director
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. One year critical care experience. One year previous diagnostic/invasive cardiac Cath lab experience preferred. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within six months of hire. Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Florida
Job Number: 00186672
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Organization Name: Holy Cross Hospital
Facility: HCHFL - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift