Trinity Health Director of Ambulatory Surgery in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Is knowledgeable of and ensures that supervised Associates are knowledgeable of applicable current compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulatory developments including their responsibility to comply with applicable laws, regulations and Holy Cross Hospital policies as a condition of employment, as well as reporting mechanisms such as the corporate compliance hotline.
- Ensures that Associates complete compliance orientation and ensures and arranges for ongoing specific risk training (applicable to the department) on a regular basis throughout the year.
- Provides appropriate assistance regarding monitoring techniques to reasonably assure compliance in supervised functional areas, including the submission of reports of suspect non-compliance to the Compliance Officer so that further evaluation can be performed.
- Responds timely to detect offenses, assists in the investigation and in the development and implementation of disciplinary and/or corrective action initiatives
- Ensures investigation and evaluation of new equipment and/or instruments with physician involvement.
- Coordinates and facilitates collaboration with Materials Management regarding all purchasing activities.
- Practices cost efficiency and encourages cost containment in staff members by monitoring compliance with designated unit budget goals and objectives.
- Submits budget reports in a timely manner
- Works closely with surgery billing staff to ensure proper billing processes are routinely updated and maintained.
- Develops new and current tools for the monitoring of the billing processes.
- Communicates regularly with Financial Services to keep departments working together to obtain accurate billing information.
- Provides necessary educational tools for all personnel to facilitate optimum outcomes for Surgical Services
- Works with Operating Room Staff to develop systems and procedures for procurement/evaluations of new items/equipment.
- Communicates with the Medical Director to review products routinely and assure quality service and compliance with hospital recommended policy and procedures.
- Works with the Director of Materials Management on all financial aspects of the Operating room and its expenses/systems.
- Operates the departments within budgetary limits.
- Attends all scheduled Medical Advisory meetings.
- Manages and determines all evaluation processes that involve Equipment/supplies/instrumentation with the Operating Room in conjunction with the operating room coordinators and the Executive Director of Surgery.
- Works with Staff to assure appropriate supply par levels
- Works with Inventory Manager & physicians in supply pack design and quantity
Bachelor's degree in related area. Master's degree preferred. Minimum 10 years Peri-Operative exp. w/ significant experience in Orthopedics; Progressive Management exp. CASC preferred (Certified Administrator Surgery Center) BLS/ACLS required
Job Number: 00168785
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Organization Name: Holy Cross Hospital
Facility: HCHFL - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Full time