Trinity Health CT/MRI Tech, Per Diem - Urgent Care Center - Rio Vista in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Performs CT procedures accurately and proficiently with an understanding of protocols for each exam. Knowledge in the proper use of the PACS and RIS systems in accordance with set protocols and the manufacturer recommendations.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of computer language and cross-sectional anatomy.
- Practices proper sterile technique. Adhers to infection control guidelines.
- Interacts efficiently, professionally and courteously with all contacts.
- Draws up requested medication/contrast media and accurately records the administered amount and time as per the physician's orders.
- Adminsiters contracst media under the direction of a physician. Recognizes aigns of contrast reaction and responds appropriately with appropraite action.
- Needles and syringes are disposed of properly and according to infection control standards.
- Assists the radiologist with procedures; monitors vital signs.
- Independent judgment is used to perform these procedures at level not requiring constant supervision.
- Participates in departmental continuous quality improvement activities.
- Displays advanced knowledge of anatomy
- Verifies patient identification and orders proceding with any procedure.
- Functions as a Radiologic Technologist in the Diagnositic section as necessary (see appropraite job description).
- Pratices radiation protection according to standard practice.
Licensure * Florida CRT Radiology license is required. * ARRT is required * ARRT (CT) is preferred * BLS certification is required.
Minimum Qualifications * Graduation from an accredited school of Radiology Technologist is required. * Experience as a CT Technologist is preferred * Excellence customer service skills is required * Ability to effectively prioritize work and work under stressful situations is required.
Job Number: 00120399
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Organization Name: Holy Cross Hospital
Facility: HCHFL - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Part time