Trinity Health COTA-Per Diem-Evening Shift in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, operating in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy and a part of Trinity Health. As a part of Trinity Health, with over 100,000 colleagues and more than 20,000 physicians / clinicians, we are united to serve our communities and advance our mission ""to serve in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming, healing presence within our communities"" and our vision ""to be the trusted health partner for life.""
- Demonstrates competency in the administration of all patient care activities. Provides for variety and creativity in treatment programs
- Safe work practices and proper body mechanics are displayed consistently. Seeks assistance when needed
- Takes responsibility to seek out yearly assessment of competencies, both general and area specific
- Accurate results are consistently obtained from tests and measurements.
- Confers with Occupational Therapists to clarify and update patient medical status, treatment plans, contraindications and goals. Ongoing, open discussions regarding specific patients needs are expected.
- Provides necessary discharge instructions, including written programs.
- Effectively provides patient and family education, when appropriate.
- Assists with the completion of discharge summaries
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patients needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of growth and development.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
- Records progress notes daily after treatment rendered. Includes treatment, responses and assessment.
- Patient charges are accurate, statistical data is complete, PI indicators are up to date.
- All documentation is accurate, legible, thorough, and completed with efficiency. Departmental standards are adhered to.
- Assures plans of care and re-evaluations are current with primary therapists.
- Documentation on IRU demonstrates proficient use of FIM scoring in describing patients functional performance. Successfully passes FIM credentialing exam and maintains FIM credentialed status
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00157517
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Organization Name: Holy Cross Hospital
Facility: HCHFL - Holy Cross Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Evening Shift