Trinity Health LPN Manager - Fraser Villa in Fraser, Michigan
We are pleased to invite you to become a member of our dynamic and innovative team. Fraser Villa is seeking full-time and part-time Licensed Practical Nurse Managers for its community in Fraser, MI. Fraser Villa is a member of Trinity Health Senior Communities (THSC), which operates over 40 communities in multiple states. We honor the sacredness of every resident and the holiness of our work through uncompromising standards and services. Our mission is to embolden people to live a joyful, purposeful life. We do this by providing a healthy, enriching and inspiring community. Benefits you will enjoy as part of our team include a low deductible Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, Delta Dental, up to 4 weeks of vacation and $4000 in Tuition Reimbursement available immediately for both full and part time colleagues. As well as a variety of many other exciting benefits.
The Nurse Manager provides direct nursing care to the residents and supervises the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing shift staff. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our community to ensure that the highest degree of quality of care is maintained at all times.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing personnel assigned to you in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care community.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the community's quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as necessary.
- Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician while observing the 5 rights of medication administration.
- Review medication administration, treatment administration records for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Make daily rounds of your neighborhood/unit/shift to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN or RN program.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state
- Must possess and maintain current CPR Certification.
- Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
- Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration; excellent communication skills; strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Possess a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
Job Number: 00022335
Location: Fraser, MI
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Sanctuary at Fraser Villa
Employment Type: Full time