The KeyW Corporation Software Engineer in Fort Meade, Maryland
• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Design and code new software or modified existing software to add new features
• Debug existing software and correct problems
Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineer: analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
• Serve as a team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
• Modify existing software to correct errors to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Career level with a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts. Working under only general direction, provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 5 - 7 yrs of experience, or a Master's and 3 - 5 yrs of experience.
Seven (7) years of experience as SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexityHold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
One (1) year of SIGINT RF domain experience, and experience in digital signal processing using signals analysis tools
This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph . Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
Factors consideredfor a U.S. Government Security Clearance include,butarenot limited to:
Favorable Criminal History Check
Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
KeyW EEO Statement
KeyW, together with its direct and indirect subsidiaries, encourages and actively supports a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and commits to provide equal opportunity to each individual, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other classifications protected by Federal, State or local law. In fact, we foster an environment that promotes diversity, balance and fun—because we believe in the importance of having a workplace as unique as the challenges we solve.
About the Organization
KeyW is a pure-play national security solutions provider for the Intelligence, Cyber and Counterterrorism Communities' toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full spectrum of their missions. We employ and challenge more than 2,000 of the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyber threats, transforming data into intelligence and combating global terrorism.
# of Openings 1
Posted Date Software Engineering
Job Locations US-MD-Fort Meade
The KeyW Corporation
- The KeyW Corporation Jobs