Trinity Health Registered Nurse - Northeast surgery Center (FT 36 hrs/week) in Fayetteville, New York
Northeast Medical Center, Fayetteville location. M-F Day/Evening
Our Northeast Surgery Center Post Anesthesia Care Unit provides preoperative, post anesthesia, care in the outpatient ambulatory setting with overnight availability. The nurse in PACU achieves competency in astute assessment and management of patients who have undergone surgery with anesthesia. The consistent goal is to provide seamless care with the surgical services team. Specialized training includes phase 1 recovery, critical care CORE classes, ACLS and PALS.
- Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open door guiding principle gives all our nurses a voice.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, ACLS, PALS, critical care experience and generous tuition allowance.
- Work/Life: Self-scheduling and on call options to balance your work/life and school calendars.
What you will do:
- Monitor and deliver care for patients in the post anesthesia recovery phase of care.
- Monitor and assist with procedures, deliver care modalities including care of patients undergoing cardioversion, ECT, line insertion, complex dressing/wound care and care of the critically ill patients while in the PACU setting.
- Nursing staff supports patient care in all phases including pre induction, perioperative, intraoperative and post anesthesia.
- Collaborative team approach, coordinate and direct care with surgeons, anesthesiologists, clinical affiliates, and RNs.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice, American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses (ASPAN) and the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA).
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
- Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement, and national certification.
- Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
- In the spirit of good Stewardship,we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverencein honoring the dignity of every person, Excellencein expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York. BSN Preferred.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR/ACLS certification.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
- Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.
Job Number: 00117166
Location: Fayetteville, NY
Organization Name: St. Joseph's Health
Employment Type: Part time