Trinity Health Temporary Registered Nurse - LIFE St. Joseph of the Pines in Fayetteville, North Carolina
We at St. Joseph of the Pines are proud to serve the older adults of the North Carolina Sandhills with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan communities, health care and home- and community-based services for older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that is unrivaled in the beautiful Sandhills region of North Carolina.
LIFE St. Joseph of the Pines, located in Fayetteville, North Carolina is a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). PACE is a unique program which can assist elders to live safely at home or with their loved ones with the help of a team of health care professionals. PACE provides a full spectrum of health care services for frail elderly individuals certified to require nursing home care, and is centered around the belief that it is better for seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community wherever possible.
LIFE St. Joseph of the Pines is currently seeking a Temporary Registered Nurse. Under the supervision of the Clinic Supervisor, the Registered Nurse manages flow of clinic leading nursing staff in provision of medical and nursing care, ensuring high quality standards. Coordinates services with primary care team, while triaging and assesses participants as needed. . Acting as gatekeeper for daily clinic scheduling. Administers medications, implements primary care orders, obtains labs for processing as ordered, coordinates ordering of participants medications, and evaluates participant complaints physically and/or by telephone. Provides skilled nursing care to participants, implements orders, develops appropriate plans of care, provides participant, caregiver, family and staff teaching and communicates participant’s condition to caregivers, primary care and the interdisciplinary team.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs in person nursing assessment with LIFE St. Joseph of the Pines participants.
- Broad knowledge base of health care problems of the frail and elderly
- Performs the following Lab diagnostic procedures: Draws appropriate labs as ordered by PCP, Ensures proper preparation, storage and delivery of drawn labs, Obtains orders from PCP and ensures proper signature,
- Performs the following tasks in relationship to Pharmacy duties: Orders medications for participants, Med Dispense, Orders and arranges for medications through Back Up Pharmacy, Collaborates with Pharmacy with medication stock, orders, and supplies, Distributes medications to participants as needed, Ensures medications are ordered in a timely manner, Ensures timely distribution of medications to participants, Communication with participants, family/power of attorney for medication changes, pick-ups, Provides education and instructions for medication use, reviews side effects.
- Assesses, records, and reports participant’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to Primary Care Provider (PCP).
- Participates in administering and documenting participant, associate, and volunteer vaccinations to include Tuberculosis (TB) testing.
- Preforms medication administration, evaluates, and treats participants according to scope of practice.
- Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications
Education and experience:
- Current North Carolina Registered Nurse (RN) License
- CPR certification is required.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSRN).
- Minimum of 5 years of health care experience, and 2 years of management experience, preferably in a hospital, nursing home or community-based setting preferred.
- 1 year minimum experience working with the frail elderly population is required. No exceptions.
Job Number: 00115430
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - LIFE, St. Joseph Of The Pines
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift