Trinity Health Day Center Associate (CNA 1 or 11) Full-Time - LIFE - St. Joseph's of the Pines in Fayetteville, North Carolina
LIFE St. Joseph of the Pines, located in Fayetteville, North Carolina, is a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). PACE is a unique program which can assist elders to live safely at home or with their loved ones with the help of a team of health care professionals. PACE provides a full spectrum of health care services for frail elderly individuals certified to require nursing home care, and is centered around the belief that it is better for seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community wherever possible.
LIFE is currently seeking a Full-time Day Center Associates/CNA I or II. The duties of the CNA position will be to provide participants with excellent daily nursing care and services in accordance with the participant’s assessment and plan of care, assisting with daily recreation activities, serving meals, and completing other functions as may be directed by the supervisor.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supports the admission, transfer, and discharge process for the Resident.
- Assist Elders with daily living functions such as dental care, feeding, bathing, dressing/undressing, nail care, hair care, and shaving according to expressed preference.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed. Provide daily Range of Motion Exercises. Record data as instructed. Answer Resident calls promptly.
- Follow established safety precautions in the performance of all duties (i.e., exposure to body fluids, lifting, transferring, use and disposal of personal protective equipment).
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., gait belt, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving residents in accordance with plan of care.
- Report all changes in the Resident's condition to your supervisor/designee as soon as practical.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information. Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy.
- Enters information and documentation accurately in Care Tracker in accordance with company policy, practice and standards. Follow established End of Life Procedure.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-service training, mandatory annual in-service training and educational classes as required/needed.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Qualified candidates must have a current CNA I or II certification in good standing with the State of North Carolina.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with frail or elderly population is required.
Job Number: 00119355
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - LIFE, St. Joseph Of The Pines
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift