Microsoft Corporation Escalation Engineer - Azure SQL Cloud in Fargo, North Dakota
Are you interested in playing a critical role in Microsoft Azure Data releases? This is an opportunity to work on the modern, comprehensive, enterprise-ready business intelligence platform used to transform data into meaningful insights that spur innovation. If you are excited about being part of the future in cloud services and hybrid platform then this role may be for you.
We are the CSS Data & AI Enterprise Team and our work focuses on improving the overall customer experience with Microsoft Server technologies and cloud services. Our work positively affects the adoption and perception of product and service quality, improves our brand image, and contributes to building customer loyalty for a lifetime.
Microsoft Database-as-a-service (DBaaS) offerings- Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance, Azure Database for PostgreSQL and MySQL support is a becoming a strategic unit of Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS). Our scalable cloud database service provides the broadest SQL compatibility and great return on investment. Microsoft provides the freedom to operate wherever you are in your digital transformation, whether modernizing on-premises, migrating to the cloud, or using a hybrid solution. Database-as-a-service (DBaaS) has evolved into a very popular option for organizations looking to reduce their operational and capital expenses, while tapping into the performance and scale benefits of the cloud.
Learn more about some of our top products:
As a Beta Engineer, you will positively affect the adoption and perception of product and service quality through the development lifecycle, improve our brand image, and contribute to building lifetime customer loyalty. You will be deeply involved with products and services before they are released, understanding key customer scenarios and providing input to ensure customers are successful once released. Throughout the beta cycle, you will be exposed to information from a variety of feedback channels, aggregating and prioritizing that feedback for the purposes of issue identification and then driving appropriate changes in a product or service and/or driving appropriate actions to mitigate the identified issues.
The successful candidate for this role will have a demonstrated history of working well under the pressure of multiple competing priorities, strong technical and cloud services skills, with a data-driven focus. This role requires an individual with very strong technology, communication, negotiation, and project management skills who can manage and enable the success of projects without direct authority.
In this role you will also:
• Stay on top of rapid innovation by testing and documenting new features and technologies as the Community technology previews get released.
• Perform pre-release gap and bug analysis to determine the need for public-facing support content.
• Identify, understand and prioritize service improvement opportunities based upon product feedback.
• Establish listening systems to foster a productive dialog. (Support Delivery, Pre-release customers, GetHelp, Forums, Social Media, MVPs, Field, etc.)
• Provide technical leadership to multiple cross-platform projects and teams. (CSS Support Readiness, CSS Beta Engineers, the Serviceability Team, etc.)
• Partner with product teams and others in Microsoft Services to drive, track, and deliver product improvement and effective mitigations to address problem areas, issues and risks.
• Suggest tool enhancements aimed at streamlining end-user experiences and lower operating costs.
• Create insights and other diagnostic content in Azure Support Center, the global Azure diagnostic platform
• Work closely with engineering teams, readiness managers, release managers and support planners to ensure the needs of our support teams are thoroughly understood.
• Create training and other readiness materials for the internal teams.
• Deliver training to global audiences to ensure support readiness for the launch of new features.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 4+ years of experience in customer support, technical software support, systems development, network operations, IT admin or IT consulting
• 4+ years of experience working with SQL Server on-premises, SQL Cloud or Big Data technologies.,
• Familiarity with Active Directory, Security, OS Internals concepts
• Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
• Experience in Linux OSS
• At least 2 years of experience in any of the following: software development, performance tuning and troubleshooting, business continuity and high availability, scalability, replication, administration, maintenance, and support.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs