General Dynamics Information Technology Technical Support Technician in Falls Church, Virginia
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Job Family: Systems Administration
At GDIT, our people are our business. We pride ourselves on the work our innovators do to support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the world. We wouldn’t be successful without our ability to attract new talent to join our team.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a VIP Systems Technician joining our team to support GDIT employees activities.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator.
In this role, a typical day will include:
• Provides “White Glove” IT Customer Support Services for the Executive staff at GDIT. The Executive staff includes, but not limited to Vice President Level and above.
• Responsible for designing and supporting individually tailored and appropriate at-work IT solutions for the Executives.
• Provides proactive interaction with Executive Admins for any associated IT needs.
• Provides support and management for conference rooms and associated AV components
• Ability to have flexible hours to accommodate executive staff as needed.
• Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
• Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
• Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, laptops, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
• Act as onsite operator for other technical and organizational teams to provide hands/eyes support as well as standard administration functions.
• Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
• Provides technical support and training to end-users.
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting end-user computing and customer support.
Strong written and oral communication, and excellent customer server skills are required.
Experience with Microsoft Windows Workstation, operating systems, and common applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
Experience with desktop/laptop and application support
Support for handheld devices (iOS, Android, Windows), a plus
Solid understanding of basic networking principles
Operational knowledge of the following is a plus: Active Directory and Group Policy, SharePoint, and Microsoft System Center products
Must be able to obtain a security clearance if needed
Unconstrained, creative thinker
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology Jobs