General Dynamics Information Technology Ansible Tower Engineer (SRF 3362) in Falls Church, Virginia
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Job Family: Systems Engineering
Created after 9-11-2001, the Department of Homeland Security consolidated numerous agencies' data centers for central management. GDIT plays a key role in the Department's IT integration strategy through its Data Center-1 program. GDIT's DC-1 program is committed to delivering an efficient, responsive, and mature data center operation through excellence in service delivery, performance, and continual service improvement.
• Works independently and as part of a team, to perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex RedHat systems (Linux) supporting applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
• Performs all duties of RedHat administration including installation, configuration, securing, and performance tuning or troubleshooting.
• Provide Ansible Tower application and environment support to developers and administrators including troubleshooting issues with Ansible Tower playbooks.
• Provide planning and status tracking of tasks to management using Jira
• Builds, modifies and maintains Ansible Playbooks
• Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to develop solution.
• Prepares technical reports and related documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience in a relative field. Equivalent years of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
• Minimum of 3 years of Ansible Tower Experience
• Understand concepts and tools in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, and scheduling platforms
Redhat Certified Engineer
ITIL 3 or 4
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology Jobs