CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0219-0618
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking candidates for a Business Analyst position with a strategic client in the Cyber Security industry in McLean VA.
Scope of the project involves helping the client implement a technology solution by writing requirements that will help ensure the technology solution meets the needs of the business. Candidate will work closely with technical team members to help ensure the requirements are understood and correctly developed. Candidate will also be responsible for PMO activities such as status reporting, issue tracking, project communication, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with customer to identify gaps and obtain required documentation of needed processes to translate into business requirements
• Interview business and technical staff and review existing documentation
• Develop and/or update business process maps
• Surface and identify process pain points
• Document new business requirements
• Translate business requirements into functional specifications
• Develop and apply functional testing scripts
• Interact with both Business and Technology colleagues to facilitate development and testing
• Contribute to and help manage PMO activities such as status reporting, issue tracking, etc..
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years of experience gathering requirements, creating formal documentation and data mapping
• Financial Services industry experience is required; knowledge and familiarity with Cyber Security and Encryption is highly desired
• Basic understanding of relational databases (SQL, Sybase, Oracle)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of release management and testing best practices.
• Strong client facing skills
• Ability to work independently and with teams that are located in multiple regions
• Need to have good analytical skills and should be able to understand the BRDs(Business requirement documents) provided by business
• Need to have good ability to understand the systems and provide the impacted functional and technical specifications
• Ability to work with the QA team to help them understand the changes and develop testing scenarios
• Analytical aptitude and attention to detail
University Bachelor's Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.